Author Topic: permanently disabling real site  (Read 1301 times)

Offline rick132

permanently disabling real site
« on: August 17, 2021, 05:23:10 PM »
Hi

I know I can switch real site off via the console (which i do and set it to disable indefinitely) but if I disable shields for any period of time and then reenable them real site switches itself back on.

I have absolutely no desire to use real site and was wondering if there was a way to uninstall the module of switch it off so it never reactivates?

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: permanently disabling real site
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 08:16:03 PM »
  • Go to Programs and Features
  • Select Avast
  • Select change
  • Uncheck Real Site
  • Finish by clicking on the Change button
You will see a User Account Control popup and an authorization popup from Avast that you will need to ok.

Please see attached.

I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 08:29:29 PM by Charyb »

Offline rick132

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 05:35:43 PM »
thanks for the reply but:

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 06:23:12 PM »
thanks for the reply but:

So no Avast Premium Security (APS) in the Programs and Features, yet your second images shows it is installed.
This would appear to also be an issue with APS.

If you go into the Windows Security, Virus & Threat protection and check is ASP shown as the Antivirus protection ?

If not and other than the issue with real site, it appears to be working I would try an Avast Repair.
Avast UI > Menu > Settings > General Troubleshooting - APP Repair and restart after that. 

Hopefully that will at least rectify ASP not showing in the Programs and Features and give the option to use the Change option to uncheck the Real Site component in ASB.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security