Author Topic: Want to avoid the "Registry changes allowed" messages  (Read 2455 times)

Raygk

Want to avoid the "Registry changes allowed" messages
« on: August 28, 2007, 01:31:31 AM »
Hi,

I had to reinstall Avast! version 4.7 Home Edition when I reinstalled Windows XP sp2.  Now I get the "Registry changes allowed" messages everytime a program starts.  I know I avoided this previously but I can't remember how.  I don't see a program setting that will do it either.  Will someone please lead me to the place where I can turn off the unnecessary messages while I keep the Shields and Internet Mail functions operating.

Thanks much.

Ray

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Want to avoid the "Registry changes allowed" messages
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 01:50:07 AM »
You have poster on the forums for the server edition of avast, hopefully one of the moderators can move it.

Is this an avast message (a screenshot might help) ?
I can't recall having seen this error in relation to avast. It sounds more like an other security program that protects against registry changes, spybot S & D perhaps.

What other security based software do you have that might block new registry changes ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security