Author Topic: update issues  (Read 4714 times)

Offline FrFc1908

update issues
« on: November 10, 2021, 07:24:39 PM »
Hi I have noticed some issues relating manual  checking for virus definition updates , the same goes for checking program update manually , I do get the popups message from avast one , which I made a screenshot of and did attach to this topic.
when I opt out of this popup and manually check again , it does work. I did get a new router from my ISP , because the one I had before was outdated....but my internet connection is function properly , so I do not think it is router issue?
thanks for the replies  ;) :)

https://imgur.com/a/8FrmtoS
Avast One Essential

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: update issues
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 07:37:10 PM »
I suggest that you attach your images in the topic, many don't visit unknown 3rd party links.

Use the Attachments and other options link below the reply/text window.

That way everything is also kept within the topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.7.6124 (build 24.7.9311.855) UI 1.0.811/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline FrFc1908

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 07:54:44 PM »
I suggest that you attach your images in the topic, many don't visit unknown 3rd party links.

Use the Attachments and other options link below the reply/text window.

That way everything is also kept within the topic.

Hi david , thanks for your suggestion , I did overlook this when posting. My bad.... so I will attach a screenshot now.
Avast One Essential

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 08:28:08 PM »
Both working for me, but that was with Avast Free, not Avast One.

Do you happen to use a VPN ?

I don't know if the text in the image is relevant as it mentions Sorry your 'upgrade' failed (as you highlighted).  When I would have thought it should be Sorry your update failed. 

That may also be a bit of a poor choice of wording as below that it mentions a failure completing the Setup process, which would result in a failure to Upgrade (that wording again).

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.7.6124 (build 24.7.9311.855) UI 1.0.811/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline FrFc1908

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 06:03:39 AM »
yes I do use a vpn ( windscribe ) but I only run this when visiting banking / shopping sites. this problem seems to have started since the upgrade to a new version of avast one. yes the choice of words is a bit confusing to say at least , just like I mentioned before when I get this message and select try again , the update process does work...so it makes me wonder if this could be bug of some kind in the program itself , since you mention it does not happen with the normal avast free version. I also never had these sort of updating problems with avast free....
Avast One Essential

Offline sharmeensharmeen

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 09:51:01 AM »
i also gt this problem....

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2021, 12:44:38 PM »
yes I do use a vpn ( windscribe ) but I only run this when visiting banking / shopping sites. this problem seems to have started since the upgrade to a new version of avast one. yes the choice of words is a bit confusing to say at least , just like I mentioned before when I get this message and select try again , the update process does work...so it makes me wonder if this could be bug of some kind in the program itself , since you mention it does not happen with the normal avast free version. I also never had these sort of updating problems with avast free....

I only used Windscribe free VPN for a very short time, but during that time I can't recall having this issue, but then again I'm not using Avast One and my doing manual update checks isn't something I do frequently.

I never got too familiar with Windscribe, having the Firefox Add-on and the program installed on Win10.  I wasn't aware it was that flexible, thinking it was on-all of the time.

This certainly need input from Avast.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 12:55:34 PM »
Also see - https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=307384.0 - same issue, but avast input, quote below.

Hi,
Do you receive this error when you click on "Check for Update" under "Virus definitions" and "Avast One" program update (Account> Settings> General)?
Could you please repair the app (Account> Settings> Troubleshoot> "Repair Avast One")?

Offline FrFc1908

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2021, 04:59:22 PM »
Also see - https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=307384.0 - same issue, but avast input, quote below.

Hi,
Do you receive this error when you click on "Check for Update" under "Virus definitions" and "Avast One" program update (Account> Settings> General)?
Could you please repair the app (Account> Settings> Troubleshoot> "Repair Avast One")?

this was exactlty the thing I needed in my case : did the avast repair option , and is working ( for now atleast ) as a charm ;)
Avast One Essential

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2021, 05:39:48 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation.

Offline FrFc1908

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2021, 08:46:57 AM »
since I did  the repair avast one thing suggested by r@vast   , after 2 days I got the " sorry the upgrade " failed message again! this cannot be something else than a bug within the program and I for one cencerely hope , that the devellopment team will release a fix soon and starts to investigate these problems  ::) :o :-X
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 08:52:34 AM by FrFc1908 »
Avast One Essential

Offline FrFc1908

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2021, 10:03:46 AM »
sigh......more problems on the horizon , I wanted to uninstall avast one ( tried bith hibit and geek uninstaller ) and ran them in forced removal , because normal removal failed : the avast uninstal screen got stuck and no further options to uninstall.....brute force removal with geek uninstaller " worked " it scanned for all the temp fils / proram folders / hidden folders and reg keys , so removed those. after this i ran voildtools everything and scanned for leftover folders / hidden folders / prefetch files that geek uninstaller missed... search everything stated , that the leftovers could not be removed because all of the files where " still in use / locked by avast " :o ::) :-X , so I rebooted and avast one was still happely running as normal , forced uninstallation failed missarably  >:(. my last was loading a backup with macrium reflect , and I am really frustrated at the moment!!
Avast One Essential

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2021, 02:51:39 PM »
since I did  the repair avast one thing suggested by r@vast   , after 2 days I got the " sorry the upgrade " failed message again! this cannot be something else than a bug within the program and I for one cencerely hope , that the devellopment team will release a fix soon and starts to investigate these problems  ::) :o :-X

Hi,

Can you please provide us with a support file ID? https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-support-file

Offline FrFc1908

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2021, 05:49:45 PM »

Hi,

Can you please provide us with a support file ID? https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-support-file

sure but I do not have a ticket number??
Avast One Essential

Offline FrFc1908

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2021, 05:59:44 PM »
I did generate report with the tool you provided and entered my email adres , so I hope everything went , as is supposed to ;)
Avast One Essential