Author Topic: Avast deleted Marvel's Guardian Of Galaxy executable.  (Read 2471 times)

Offline BFSniperPro80

Avast deleted Marvel's Guardian Of Galaxy executable.
« on: December 06, 2021, 03:17:18 PM »
I want to report a bug that mess with my games and this isn't good.Like the title,Avast Premium Security DELETED the executable of a legit game on Steam,Marverl Guardian Of Galaxy,not only this,i think its causing trouble with the game Battlefield 2042. I now excluded the entire hdd and ssd where games are,hope this fix the problems.A solution will be an auto-exclusion system for games bought on Steam - Origin - Uplay etc... Because its really annoying see the game not load or stop working because of that.BTW my Pc its a good machine,so dont start telling me,you have a good machine? Yes,i have xD A Ryzen 5 2600x CPU with 32 GB Ram DDR4 3000 Mhz, GPU Asus Nvidia Rtx 2060 and alot of ssd and hdd xD (5 in total).

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast deleted Marvel's Guardian Of Galaxy executable.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 03:21:09 PM »
You can report a suspected FP (File/Website) here: https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline BFSniperPro80

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 08:06:15 PM »
Thank you very much :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 09:04:39 AM »
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline reemp91

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 06:37:49 PM »
Has this ever been solved? I just downloaded this game from Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass), and I get the scan and then a false positive every time launching the game.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 10:00:48 AM »
Has this ever been solved? I just downloaded this game from Microsoft Store (Xbox Game Pass), and I get the scan and then a false positive every time launching the game.

Hi,

Please report it here:
https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php

Offline reemp91

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2022, 02:46:37 PM »
It's not even the only game avast falsely flag.

Offline Mr. Consumer

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 06:13:40 PM »
Based on the screenshots only, these are not actually malware detection. The files were checked by Avast's CyberCapture which is a cloud sandbox. It temporarily stops a process from running in order to get a response from Avast's cloud sandbox. It's part of Avast's 0-day malware protection and usually takes a few seconds to get a verdict. Avast probably didn't have a reputation for these file yet on their database at the time of your downloading.
The notification says, the file is safe, so these are not deleted and you should be able to play your games without any issue after closing the notifications.
If something gets deleted like you initially said in your post, then submit to Avast as false positives like suggested above.

Offline reemp91

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2022, 08:09:08 PM »
I know that. It opens it in the sandbox, scans and then once confirmed to not be a virus it closes and reopens normally. But it's annoying to go through it every time. Why can't it at least detect once it ain't a virus and stop doing that? I mean these are legit games published on Steam, Microsoft Store and such.

Offline Mr. Consumer

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2022, 01:54:00 PM »
I know that. It opens it in the sandbox, scans and then once confirmed to not be a virus it closes and reopens normally. But it's annoying to go through it every time. Why can't it at least detect once it ain't a virus and stop doing that? I mean these are legit games published on Steam, Microsoft Store and such.
If it does it all the time, then that's a problem indeed. It shouldn't do that. I also play a couple of games on Steam and Epic Games, but never had this.
Try repairing Avast from the troubleshoot option in Settings.