Author Topic: Number of posts of the newbies  (Read 17714 times)

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast
Re: Number of posts of the newbies
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2007, 02:00:24 PM »
Which stats?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 11:22:23 PM »
The best things in life are free.

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007, 12:54:18 AM »
Tech, I feel bad about this. I think I started it with that question I asked you and you where just trying to help me . Sorry.  :'(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2007, 01:24:08 AM »
Tech, I feel bad about this. I think I started it with that question I asked you and you where just trying to help me . Sorry.  :'(
You don't need to be sorry. Why?
I'm not upset with you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2007, 07:30:53 AM »
I wasn't talking about the member list, but about general forum stats you can get to when clicking this icon, was there a function in there with a member list ? I really don't remember ever seing a member list like the one Tech showed ...

This is what i am talking about ...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2007, 01:53:58 PM »
When you click that icon you get a permissions error. So all stats would appear to be buttoned down.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2007, 02:16:59 PM »
When you click that icon you get a permissions error. So all stats would appear to be buttoned down.
Same here  :'( :'(

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2007, 10:52:02 AM »
So it would appear it's buttoned down for everybody. Interesting, so the general forum statistics poses a security risk aswell ?? Or is there another reason for making it inaccessible ? Just wondering.

mouniernetwork

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2007, 01:03:52 PM »
Can any alwil software member explain in clear details why it is such a problem that the public has access to the list of the forum members as well as their post counts ?

Thanks

Al968

kubecj

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2007, 01:07:06 PM »
You can also ask this question from the other side. Why should anybody except Alwil team have such info? (And for example get easily the list of public emails from one place?)

mouniernetwork

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2007, 01:16:29 PM »
I agree that there technicaly is no need for anyone but Alwil to have access to this information, however we are coming to a world where users (people) like to have lots of information; this was encouraged by the internet. So even thought there is no need for people to see those lists and stats in their rightful mind people want to know that if they want to they can go ahead and check that list. So it seems that there are no advantages to make that list available but there doesn't seem to be any disadvantages either, so why doesn't alwil want to give its loyal users the freedom to consult if needed that lists ? I requires a alwil to spare just a few minutes and would end this settlement as well as make a lot of users happy and wouldn't cost anything more then just clicks.  :)

If everyone did a favor to one person in the whole world everyday then the world would be a better place, do your daily favor and except that favor to be returned  :)

Al968

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2007, 01:28:38 PM »
Why should anybody except Alwil team have such info?
There are people and people... The old avast users aren't just people. That is what bothers me.
That was useful a lot of times, I mean, to have the statistics. Sometimes you want to IM some Evangelists and don't have to look for their forum names just to send an IM.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2007, 01:49:11 PM »
I requires a alwil to spare just a few minutes and would end this settlement as well as make a lot of users happy and wouldn't cost anything more then just clicks.  Smiley
The same could be said for the Off-Topic forum but, that's not happening either.  :'(
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2007, 02:14:35 PM »
You can also ask this question from the other side. Why should anybody except Alwil team have such info? (And for example get easily the list of public emails from one place?)

So if i understood you correctly the public was able to see the members emails in the forum stats ? If that's the case then yes i understand why you closed the forum stats(and i am talking about the general forum stats here not the member list), i really wouldn't like my e-mail address where everyone can see it.

But i remember i had the ability to view the forum stats from when i first joined this forum(that's about 3 yrs ago) and i really got used to having those options there. Naturally i wondered why take this option away after all this time. Why didn't you just disable it in the first place ?