Author Topic: Vista support  (Read 3814 times)

greenhatch

Vista support
« on: October 27, 2007, 03:02:08 PM »
I am now running Avast Home on my new laptop which has Vista installed. I know that Avast is okay with Vista but I have noticed on the P2P and IM modules that Vista is not specifically mentioned when checking custom setting. Does that mean Vista compatability only applies to other modules like Standard Shield and Web Shield?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Vista support
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 03:09:52 PM »
No, the modules are installed in Vista...
Are you using the last version? 4.7.1074
The best things in life are free.

greenhatch

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 03:37:51 PM »
I am yes. I thought it would be odd for IM and P2P to be left out but as Vista was not on the *Windows NT/2000/XP/2003* warning when trying to customise utorrent, I thought I'd better ask. :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 03:41:16 PM »
I thought I'd better ask. :)
And it will be better if the programmers say something.
I'm not sure *any* IM is supported on Vista by own experience.
They will have to update all help files and the program GUI itself including Vista...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 03:48:36 PM »
I am now running Avast Home on my new laptop which has Vista installed. I know that Avast is okay with Vista but I have noticed on the P2P and IM modules that Vista is not specifically mentioned when checking custom setting. Does that mean Vista compatability only applies to other modules like Standard Shield and Web Shield?

All modules are Vista compatible, avast wouldn't be Vista compatible if they weren't.

I think that the problem is that the Text at the bottom of the window hasn't been updated to reflect the inclusion of Vista. This is a cosmetic rather than functional problem.

It was like this before Vista and I would say hasn't been updated, it would probably have been better if they said those with the asterisk, don't work with Win9x, winME.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 04:30:26 PM »
I think that the problem is that the Text at the bottom of the window hasn't been updated to reflect the inclusion of Vista. This is a cosmetic rather than functional problem.
Are you sure that this applies to utorrent specifically?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 05:58:52 PM »
It is just that the Text explanation of the asterisk is old and doesn't include Vista, it just needs updating.

I believe that uTorrent was removed from the default list of enabled applications because of the way it works (many topics in the forums) a torrent of small file sections that all get scanned potentially slowing the system. The user can elect to customise/enable uTorrent in the P2P shield and it has nothing to do with Vista compatibility of the P2P Shield.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 06:08:39 PM »
I believe that uTorrent was removed from the default list of enabled applications because of the way it works (many topics in the forums) a torrent of small file sections that all get scanned potentially slowing the system. The user can elect to customise/enable uTorrent in the P2P shield and it has nothing to do with Vista compatibility of the P2P Shield.
I see... Thanks.