Author Topic: Feature request: ability to manually add folder paths to Ransomware Shield  (Read 1241 times)

Offline JLJ-o-matic

Win 10 Pro 21H1 x64 ~ Avast Free 22.4.6011

Feature request: the ability to manually add folder paths to the Ransomware Shield list.

Currently folders can only be added by selecting from a Windows Explorer dialog, so if a folder / path is hidden by user choice (via regkey HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoDrives) it cannot be added to the protection list. Since I run as a Standard/Limited user, adding a deliberately hidden folder required me to change account group membership, log out, log back in, run Regedit, disable the NoDrives policy, restart Explorer, add the selected folder to the Ransomware Shield list by selecting from the Explorer dialog, re-enable the NoDrives policy, change account group membership, log out, and log back in to verify.

There's gotta be a better way and if there is and I just missed it, by all means shame me with the method. THX

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0