Author Topic: Comodo messing again???  (Read 11820 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Comodo messing again???
« on: December 12, 2007, 01:30:52 PM »
Comodo messing again?  ???
Now Windows Updates...
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/876637.html

I'm with the same problem. Update for Windows Vista (KB942763) returns error 80070643.

I'll try to uninstall Comodo and test two of my problems at the same time.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=31747
The best things in life are free.

Rafel

Re: Comodo messing again???
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 05:28:19 PM »
I have got no problems with Win Xp updates.
When i download and install i choose install or updated program.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 09:00:35 PM »
I have got no problems with Win Xp updates.
When i download and install i choose install or updated program.

Me too I just download the latest MS Security update patch last night on XP, and no problem with latest Comodo v3.0 it seem Vista starting to become a real super pain in the bare BUTT.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Negeltu

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 03:39:23 AM »
Right clicking on comodo's task bar icon started freezing my computer.  I had to uninstall it.   :-\

I tried reinstall and the same problem.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 01:11:44 PM »
The problem is only on Vista...
No problems with (my) XP.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 01:35:24 PM »
So I guess, this problem is non-English language OS related... because it works perfect on my Vista machine.
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 01:39:49 PM »
So I guess, this problem is non-English language OS related... because it works perfect on my Vista machine.
Comodo is working now.
Just that the particular Windows Update can't be applied to mine. It's related to local time areas... I had to hidden that update. I can't get any MS help, as usual :'(

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 01:50:45 PM »
Yes that's great to hear Tech, I am so glad you found what's the culprit. However, we shouldn't try to solve these problems starting from the end... I still believe no matter what, the real problem is in Comodo and how it's deployed. I mean, if you apply that Windows update, you probably won't have any problems with any other application. You see ? You don't have any trouble with avast! so I have no clue why Comodo is complaining.

I still believe this problem should be reported to Comodo developers so they can see what's happening here.
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 07:22:33 PM »
There's a new Comodo upgrade as of a couple of days ago, mostly bug fixes -- 3.0.14.276.  Have you tried that to see if it helps?

There's a patch for only two previous versions (one of which is the .268), but that's nearly as big (9 megs) as the full install, so it's pretty much a tossup whether to uninstall/reinstall or overinstall just the patch.

No problems with my XP either, so whatever it is has to be specific to Vista.

(Edit) Yes, only 9 megs as compared with something like 30-plus previously.  If I understand correctly, most of that is from a massive overhaul of their "whitelist" database.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 07:24:36 PM by MikeBCda »
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 09:27:17 PM »
There's a new Comodo upgrade as of a couple of days ago, mostly bug fixes -- 3.0.14.276.  Have you tried that to see if it helps?
It does not help.
I'm trying to get help here:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2556775&SiteID=17&mode=1

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 11:30:48 PM »
Just uninstalled comodo on my system it caused one of the windows updates to hang and started slowing down my start times something horrible.. Oh well back to the drawing board

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 10:09:37 AM »
Perhaps it would be best if you guys waited out for a few more bug fix releases. It is a new version release after all and it's only natural it still has some bugs and quirks. Altough from my experience no Comodo version back when i used it for more than 2 yrs was completely stable for me. Always some problems. I've lost faith in their programmers. Hats off to my buddy Tech for being so patient with this one.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 12:15:12 PM »
I've lost faith in their programmers.
It took time but I get help from egemen there.

Hats off to my buddy Tech for being so patient with this one.
I have very few other options. Free software deserves testing. In this case, now, I'm not sure it's Comodo. It's not an essential update, so I hidden it and I'm waiting from help. MS is very very very poor on support. I can't believe we have to pay so much for the OS and don't get the help it requires.

micky77

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 12:41:40 PM »
It does not help.
I'm trying to get help here:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2556775&SiteID=17&mode=1
Hi,today I installed the patch,and all seemed well.However when I looked in add/remove it was still showing previous version.Decided to do a fresh install.Uninstalled, ( or so I thought ).When I rebooted, I waited for windows to tell me I had no firewall.No alert.Went to security centre,and it tells me my firewall is Comodo Pro.So I did a system restore to before the patch,then uninstalled successfully.IMO I would not use the patch.The good news is everything seems fine now,and the best news is the defence + feature in the upgrade is as quiet as a mouse.No more dozens of alerts,just the odd one.Well done Comodo, I'm a happy bunny  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 12:47:26 PM »
I had trouble trying to uninstall Comodo after the patch being applied. I thought it was because I've used RevoUninstaller. Maybe the patch has a problem itself. I can't be sure.