Author Topic: Avast Safeprice opening a new tab in chrome browser  (Read 723 times)

Offline Ron1958

Avast Safeprice opening a new tab in chrome browser
« on: June 06, 2023, 12:20:35 AM »
I recently had to reinstall windows on my desktop - then I downloaded and installed avast free version - now every time I open the chrome browser, my preset opening tabs (2 of them) open up correctly then a third tab opens inviting me to join avast safeprice - here is the address of that new tab https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/avast-safeprice-compariso/eofcbnmajmjmplflapaojjnihcjkigck?utm_source=app&utm_medium=newtab-store&utm_campaign=AV - I am trying to find a way to disable this tab from opening everytime I open my browser and was wondering if anyone can help provide a fix. Thanks.

Offline Dinobot2

Re: Avast Safeprice opening a new tab in chrome browser
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 12:51:46 AM »
This was allegedly fixed with an update

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=323896.0

What build/version number do you have on your UI About page?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Safeprice opening a new tab in chrome browser
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 01:57:55 AM »
See:
Hello, fix of the issue with the repeated SafePrice plugin offer was just released. Once you have version 23.5.8195.786 the issue should be gone. PC restart is needed. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this bug.

Jan

@jan.sbovoda I tried to update the version but it stays at 23.5.8195.785 maybe it still needs time to be available on the servers?

Hi Nunzio77, this is different update channel, it was released as uupdate. Check for uupdates should be done every 4 hours or you can try to speed it up by restarting your PC (there is a check also after each PC restart).

Jan

Some have found it may be necessary to do this:
Try emptying your browser's cache, deleting temporary files, cookies, etc... Then restart your PC.  It's no longer causing me any problems.

That was the solution, thanks!
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security