Author Topic: How much money i have to spend to be safe..  (Read 2016 times)

Offline vrtronics

How much money i have to spend to be safe..
« on: August 18, 2023, 06:34:53 AM »
all it has done since i installed it is tell me how much money i have to spend to be safe on the internet.
and it uses a lot of fear mongering... :(

it tells you the same thing every day... "you are unsafe"
and i installed the software to be safe.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How much money i have to spend to be safe..
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 11:55:20 AM »
I don't use Avast One, but free Avast Antivirus version and I have been doing so for 20 years.

However, much depends on the user and their browsing/security habits.  Whilst the promotions for other Avast paid products might be valid, in that there is a risk.  They are just that adverts for paid products.  Many consider them to be too aggressive, I get them too in Avast Free, but not that frequently and some make me laugh.  I guess I have a high pain threshold.

That said, if you had the Avast One Premium version much of this would be covered, but there are areas of a users browsing/security habits that might not be.

You also have to consider your history, e.g. have you ever experienced anything (malware etc.) that is being promoted.  In the Avast One Premium version, you should also have more control of these paid product ads/recommendations.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline loriprtchrd

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 05:07:00 AM »
I purchase one Avast program which claims to cover all the security issues and then Avast advertises that I need a new program to be secure.  BS  it needs to stop somewhere.

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 12:57:39 AM »
Free antivirus software typically offers a basic level of protection against malware, including virus and spyware removal. However, free antivirus software may not offer other features that can enhance your security, such as firewalls, parental controls, identity theft protection, VPNs, backup software, and online storage.

For years, I've relied on Avast Ultimate, a premium product, to protect my family's devices (PCs and smartphones). It helped me maintain their devices, like automatic software updates, so I check less on them. Yet, opting for a premium suite isn't always advantageous as it may involve complex settings that are difficult for users to grasp. Now, let's get back to what you need.

I use avast one free for my daily driver's mini PC and it's sufficient.
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11