Author Topic: Contacting an advser????  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Geoff16

Contacting an advser????
« on: March 08, 2024, 08:21:24 PM »
The program is telling me my subscription has expired, yet payment has been taken out of my bank account!!
Can anyone please offer me any advice as it is impossible to contact an actual human being?

Offline Geoff16

Re: Contacting an advser????
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 08:36:53 PM »
Apologies....adviser, meaning an actual member of staff.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 03:00:59 AM »
You could try this link:
Refunds, cancellations, billing, payment or license issues and click Next.
I need help with a different subscription or billing issue.

Depending on your location you can Phone or Email - I think the email option may be best as it establishes a support ticket with your email.  Give as much information that you can to help track down your payment and reissue the license if it has gone to an incorrect email address.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Geoff16

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 05:11:26 PM »
It's a bit of a strange issue.
Last year I cancelled the automatic renewal feature, but lo & behold they took the money out of my account anyway!
At the time there was a 'live chat' option in place, so I got in touch to say I couldn't afford the renewal fee.
I was offered a deal where they re-imbursed me with half the money but the program was left to continue on.
I now find  on the accounts page they're claiming to have returned the full amount which simply isn't the case.
The program is now saying my subscription has now expired & nothing is working!
I've tried every way to get in touch with an operative, includinv all you suggest. All that happens is a page of FAQ's opens up which is no help at all.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 07:35:37 PM »
You could try this link: - Submit a support ticket https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_other_general#pc
Refunds, cancellations, billing, payment or license issues and click Next.
I need help with a different subscription or billing issue.

Depending on your location you can Phone or Email - I think the email option may be best as it establishes a support ticket with your email.  Give as much information that you can to help track down your payment and reissue the license if it has gone to an incorrect email address.

The link was missing in my previous post - Submit a support ticket https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_other_general#pc - then follow the steps I mentioned earlier.

I have reproduced it above, that should hopefully enable you to send an email to establish a support contact.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Geoff16

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2024, 09:04:28 PM »
I actually tried again by following your suggestion to go down the refund route & managed to get to a live chat window.
The operative connected to my laptop via remote assistance, but he only did what I had done a couple of times.
Which was to uninstall and re-install the program but in the same way it failed with me, it didn't work for him!
He mentioned getting someone more proficient to get involved but the connection dropped.
The program does load up on my comp but it just won't accept the activation code, even though he told me it has now been synchronised and should work.
Really don't know what to do now but it's not good having something I've paid for, which is no longer working, after subscribing without any issues for 15 years or so of using it!

Thanks very much for replying and offering your help, I really do appreciate it!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2024, 10:53:24 PM »
You're welcome.

I still think the link "and email route" is the way to go as you have a license issue in that it hasn't been renewed yet payment has been made.

For me the email route gives the opportunity to create a support ticket as such.  This bypasses the issue of the Chat option drop out or fail in some way, meaning if you went down that channel again, everything would have to be explained again (unless you were given a case number, etc.). 

As I said - Give as much information that you can to help track down your payment/discount and reissue/renew the license.  I would also suggest giving a link back to this topic as this too provides information on what it is you are trying to achieve.

Offline Geoff16

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 08:45:50 PM »
Like I said, I was on the phone with an Avast operative for several hours some days ago, even connecting computers remotely! The guy was absolutely useless & I'm convinced he was fobbing me off! He only tried what I had done several times which was to delete/re-install the program. On my subscription page it says I have been re-imbursed with the funds they took from my account, which is a total lie! I was refunded half of it yet the subscription has been cancelled. That's where the issue is & although I don't like to throw idle accusations around, it appears they have stolen the rest of my money! That's after being a customer of theirs for about 15 years! I even received an email yesterday asking for feedback for an issue which was not resolved! 😡
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 08:49:52 PM by Geoff16 »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2024, 12:58:07 AM »
I don't work for Avast, but an Avast User.

Since you didn't have any direct success on the call, I suggested another option.  What you do with that is entirely up to you.

Offline Geoff16

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2024, 12:39:16 PM »
Believe me, I am grateful for your help & yesterday I again tapped on the link you have provided. Just a question of if & when they're going to try & resolve the problem? I'm not holding my breath. It turns out they are pretty useless!