Author Topic: Where to look for an offline installer  (Read 1679 times)

Offline chris...

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Where to look for an offline installer
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2024, 12:13:42 PM »
To return a little higher, there is always the latest version of avast antivirus (free and premium) with their respective online and offline versions
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=327345.0

To come back to the last messages, I don't think you specified whether you launched the installation programme while connected to the Internet.

From what you said above
I have Windows 7 SP1 Home Basic. I am doing a clean installation of the operating system and immediately want to install Avast Free antivirus, after which I only want to connect to the Internet. I want to have computer protection. before connecting to the Internet.
it seems that you launched the installation without being connected to the internet, is that correct?
If that's the case, as Igor pointed out, you need to be connected to the internet as soon as you launch the installation, even if it's the "offline" version.
(I'm assuming an Internet connection exists; if the machine if offline, then the online installer naturally won't work.)

Offline heboyay341

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2024, 08:53:28 AM »
I have Windows 7 SP1 Home Basic. I am doing a clean installation of the operating system and immediately want to install Avast Free antivirus, after which I only want to connect to the Internet. I want to have computer protection. before connecting to the Internet.
it seems that you launched the installation without being connected to the internet, is that correct?
If that's the case, as Igor pointed out, you need to be connected to the internet as soon as you launch the installation, even if it's the "offline" version.
(I'm assuming an Internet connection exists; if the machine if offline, then the online installer naturally won't work.)
Naturally. I did a clean install of Windows 7.
I downloaded the Avast online installer, connected to the Internet and completed the installation. And as I wrote above, there were installation errors. At first the installation was interrupted, then resumed automatically. Then after installation the antivirus did not start. I did "try again" about 5 times. After installation, I received Avast version 22.xx. Anti-virus databases were not updated automatically.

Offline chris...

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2024, 01:07:30 PM »
I was referring to the procedure you carried out once you had downloaded the latest “Offline” version v24.4 either with the link you put above or on the post-it here on the forum.
Because sometimes the “online” versions have installation problems.
I was also saying that even for an offline version, you need to be connected from start to finish.

Do you have a screenshot of the errors during an offline installation?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 01:36:47 PM by chris... »

Offline heboyay341

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2024, 01:47:06 PM »
I was referring to the procedure you carried out once you had downloaded the latest “Offline” version v24.4 either with the link you put above or on the post-it here on the forum.
I was also saying that even for an offline version, you need to be connected from start to finish.

I didn't use the offline installer because that version doesn't support my operating system. I only used online installation. Please read carefully.

Offline chris...

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2024, 02:21:52 PM »
Maybe I didn't understand the tense you use in your sentences, because I've read:
It definitely won't be supported by my operating system.
or
No. This won't work.
But I don't think I've read
it doesn't work/support or didn't work/support

That's also why I've added
in response to Igor's question
What kind of error does it end with?
You don't need to provide any personal information to do this.

For example, a screenshot of the message telling you that your device is not compatible with 24.4 "offline" version.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2024, 03:08:37 PM »

I didn't use the offline installer because that version doesn't support my operating system. I only used online installation. Please read carefully.

Well I'm sure that you would have read somewhere in this topic, given that you have an old OS version that may not support the latest Avast Version. 

Guess what you get when you use online installation, it tries to download and install the latest version of Avast.  Which you claim doesn't work with your OS.

Remember we can't see what is on your screen and why screenshots/logs are often requested.

All of which is somewhat strange given the Title you chose - Where to look for an offline installer.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline heboyay341

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2024, 03:08:59 PM »
For example, a screenshot of the message telling you that your device is not compatible with 24.4 "offline" version.
Igor asked for an installation log.
I didn't run the offline installer because I checked its system requirements where it says, that my system is not supported.
I don't see any point in trying to run the offline installer.

Offline heboyay341

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2024, 03:12:32 PM »
All of which is somewhat strange given the Title you chose - Where to look for an offline installer.
If the offline installer for the previous version is not and will never be publicly available again, then I'm looking for a way to fix the online installation. Should I open a new topic?

Offline chris...

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2024, 03:34:30 PM »
Igor asked for an installation log.
Not only that, he asked an opening question?
What kind of error does it end with? Isn't there a button to show log in the error window?
If not, can you check if C:\ProgramData\Avast Software\Persistent Data\Avast\Logs\Setup.log file is present, and if so, attach it?

I didn't run the offline installer because I checked its system requirements where it says, that my system is not supported.
I don't see any point in trying to run the offline installer.
I'm currently using w7 and the latest version of avast works correctly, and I'm far from being the only one, and Igor has confirmed this even though the system requirements doesn't say so.

That's why I'm asking you what it says if you run the installation file anyway.

Anyway, if you don't want to try that's your choice  :(

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2024, 03:50:52 PM »
If the offline installer for the previous version is not and will never be publicly available again, then I'm looking for a way to fix the online installation. Should I open a new topic?

I don't believe that would be a good idea, as much of what has been asked and answered or requires clarification would be repeated.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline heboyay341

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2024, 04:20:08 PM »
It's decided.

I knew I wouldn't get an answer here. So I found the solution myself.

I will share this so that other users in need can install an antivirus on their computer.

After a clean installation of Windows 7 SP1, you need to install 2 updates according to these instructions
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-obtain-and-install-windows-7-sp2/c2c7009f-3a10-4199-9c89-48e1e883051e
After which you can use the Avast online installer. You will receive the most current version of the program on your computer. At the time of writing this post, this is version 24.xx.

On this post I say goodbye to the forum. Bye everyone.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 04:22:07 PM by heboyay341 »