Author Topic: blocking everything  (Read 3079 times)

Offline Sohee

blocking everything
« on: May 19, 2024, 08:41:48 PM »
I installed Antitrack today as part of the ultimate bundle that got offered.  After installation, it literally blocks everything.  I couldn't log in to the app itself, since it tries to open a webbrowser pages that gets blocked by the app itself.  Simple stuff like youtube, google, windows, basically everything browser related, gets blocked for some reason.

I had to uninstall the whole thing just to get access to my webbrowsers again, this includes Edge, Chrome and firefox.

I have no idea what setting triggered this, but this is just absurd.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: blocking everything
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2024, 02:14:30 AM »
Did you change settings from default?
Windows 11 Home 23H2
Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Avast Premier Security version 24.8.6127 (build 24.8.9372.868)
UI version 1.0.814

Offline Sohee

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2024, 11:32:37 AM »
That's the part I'm trying to figure out.  From what I remember, I only tried to install the addons for chrome, edge etc.  And even those I couldn't all install because I kept recieving an error page siting connection errors.

When I checked the build-in firewall in the app, I had to manually add every site I wanted to visit to the exception list. 

All my other internet-related apps like Twitter, Facebook, even online games worked just fine.

I had to uninstall Antitrack just to get edge working again, so it's hard to remember what settings I applied

Offline Melvin9

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2024, 06:57:27 AM »
I have been reading that other users having their websites blocked.  When I go to many websites, I get a warning that it is blocked, too.  The websites I go to are legitimate and used them previously. When I get the warning, it tells to click for further information.  I do and it shows a complicated graph of what is happening.  This, I do not understand.  I have never come across anything like this using other programs.  It appears that not only does this happen with you but others I have tried.  I do realize that security is an issue at our time.  It is getting worse, each day.  I have to go through this, continually.  Computers used to be fun to be on but today, there are so many caveats, where you just have to watch every step that you take.  It is getting to a point where it not safe to be on a computer.  I have been with computers for over 40 years when the internet was born for commercial use and as a wonderful hobby.  Now, it is not near as much fun as it used to be.  I said my peace.