Author Topic: False Positive Reported for Website  (Read 364 times)

Offline pault

False Positive Reported for Website
« on: June 05, 2024, 01:56:18 PM »
Hi,

We have been told that our site is being blocked by Avast web security. I have now purchased Avast to check this and can see that when I try and access out site - www.visionmarine.co.uk it is flagged as a scam site. The site is not a scam site and I have completed the false positive report but there does not seem to be any feedback on the false positive report - ie there are no confirmation emails, no case no etc.

How long should it take for a false positive to be checked and removed. The only security apps that flag us are avast and AVG. The site is clean in all other scanners I have checked, has sucuri running on the site, etc. Vert frustrating to be blocked for a large number of customers for no reason.

Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: False Positive Reported for Website
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2024, 02:42:19 PM »
Considered a Low risk here - https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/visionmarine.co.uk -  with some hardening improvements.

That said a visit to your site doesn't have a problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security