Author Topic: NEW Avast version 24.7  (Read 9592 times)

Offline wir1313

Re: NEW Avast version 24.7
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2024, 04:08:27 PM »
Do you get issues with any other browsers, Like Chrome, Edge, etc.?

Yes, I checked for example chromium and two versions of firefox normal and ESR 128 and 115. I checked without any add-ons without DOH always the same. There is no such problem on linux.

Only when avast is enabled does this problem appear. It is hard to diagnose because sometimes it is there and sometimes it is not. Sometimes it occurs for a long time and no thing from the Google brand wants to load. Every other page works without a problem.

Offline Ferrara

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2024, 04:21:56 PM »
The latest version of Avast randomly blocks google pages from loading. Sometimes it works and sometimes nothing wants to load. Disabling the web shield solves the problem immediately. Windows 10 + Firefox.

Has anyone observed similar situations or am I the only one who is so lucky?

SAME THING happening to me for about a week now. Disabling Avast solves the problem, whereas clearing cookies in Firefox or running Firefox troubleshoot mode did not.

Seems like a recent Avast Free Antivirus update is causing this issue. Here are two screenshots, first one showing what happens to the Gmail page again and again throughout the day when I leave the tab open, second one showing what happens when I try to reload the page or open Gmail in a new tab. Only thing that solves the problem is closing out the browser and relaunching it again.

Offline Ferrara

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2024, 04:24:38 PM »

If you mean "blocks" for "blank page" instead of any Avast alerts, then I got some occasionally. I also use Firefox for my daily browsing, and indeed it's google search page iirc.
I didn't try disabling Avast when this happens, so I'm not sure it's Avast related...

Exactly.

A blank white page when trying to enter https://www.google.com although the browser behaves as if google has loaded. The address in the bar and nothing happens. Other symptoms include the google apps menu not loading or no response to multiple clicks on gmail. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work quite randomly but everything returns to normal if you turn off the web shield for a moment or repeat the action many times and sometimes it finally works but it is quite tiring.

Same thing happens to me with Google search and also issues with Gmail failing to refresh, described in another reply to this thread

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2024, 05:29:44 PM »
The latest version of Avast randomly blocks google pages from loading. Sometimes it works and sometimes nothing wants to load. Disabling the web shield solves the problem immediately. Windows 10 + Firefox.

Not seeing that and my default browser is Firefox on this Win10 laptop.  I also use google a lot, much of that searching out issues reported in the forums.

EDIT: For the most part, I don't go to the Home page, but enter the search term in a new blank firefox tab and hit Paste or Paste and Go.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2024, 05:39:03 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Ferrara

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2024, 06:30:58 PM »
As of today August 3 I have had my Firefox browser open for two hours and Gmail and Google are working properly so far... maybe the problem has been corrected? I will report back at the end of the day. Fingers crossed.

Offline Ferrara

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2024, 04:54:38 AM »
My Firefox browser was open all day with Gmail and the issue did not occur. Looks like it was fixed. Thanks.

Offline wir1313

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2024, 07:02:57 PM »
Unfortunately, I still have the problem...

Offline Ferrara

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2024, 08:56:21 PM »
Unfortunately, I still have the problem...

Sorry to hear that. What is different in your setup, I wonder. Is your Avast Free Antivirus up to date? I am on Windows 10 home edition, latest version of Firefox, using a Dell desktop PC.

Offline wir1313

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2024, 05:00:49 PM »

Sorry to hear that. What is different in your setup, I wonder. Is your Avast Free Antivirus up to date? I am on Windows 10 home edition, latest version of Firefox, using a Dell desktop PC.

Rather everything is up to date...

I have reinstalled several browsers always the same. And the problem diagnosis is difficult because it occurs at certain random intervals.

Firefox 128.0.3
Firefox 128 ESR
Firefox 115 ESR
Windows 10 Home 22H2
Avast 24.7.6124 (24.7.9311.856)

Offline Ferrara

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2024, 05:44:46 PM »
All day on Aug 3 and 4 the issue was resolved. Now as of Aug 5 it has started again for me. I hate this.

I am on Avast Free Antivirus ver. 24.7.6124, build 24.7.9311.856. Firefox 128.0.3 (64-bit).

How can I report this bug to Avast?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2024, 05:51:36 PM »

I have reinstalled several browsers always the same. And the problem diagnosis is difficult because it occurs at certain random intervals.

Firefox 128.0.3
Firefox 128 ESR
Firefox 115 ESR
Windows 10 Home 22H2

You could try generating a Web Shield report file and submit it for analysis.
Avast UI > Menu > Settings > Protection > Core Shields > Web Shield > Generate report file
See attached image, click to expand
« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 06:19:19 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Ferrara

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2024, 05:56:08 PM »

If you mean "blocks" for "blank page" instead of any Avast alerts, then I got some occasionally. I also use Firefox for my daily browsing, and indeed it's google search page iirc.
I didn't try disabling Avast when this happens, so I'm not sure it's Avast related...

Exactly.

A blank white page when trying to enter https://www.google.com although the browser behaves as if google has loaded. The address in the bar and nothing happens. Other symptoms include the google apps menu not loading or no response to multiple clicks on gmail. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work quite randomly but everything returns to normal if you turn off the web shield for a moment or repeat the action many times and sometimes it finally works but it is quite tiring.

SAME THING happening to me for about a week now. Disabling Avast solves the problem, whereas clearing cookies in Firefox or running Firefox troubleshoot mode did not.

Seems like a recent Avast Free Antivirus update is causing this issue. Here are two screenshots, first one showing what happens to the Gmail page again and again throughout the day when I leave the tab open, second one showing what happens when I try to reload the page or open Gmail in a new tab. Only thing that solves the problem is closing out the browser and relaunching it again.

The quotes above from previous replies to this thread summarize what is happening. PLEASE someone in Avast get this resolved!

Offline Ferrara

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2024, 05:57:37 PM »

Firefox 128.0.3
Firefox 128 ESR
Firefox 115 ESR
Windows 10 Home 22H2

Avast UI > Menu > Settings > Protection > Core Shields > Web Shield > Generate report file
I will do as suggested and generate a report file the next time the problem occurs. How do I submit it? By posting it here as an attachment, or if not, then how?

Offline Ferrara

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2024, 06:03:55 PM »
Issue has happened three times in the past ten minutes. Here is a report file.

Offline wir1313

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2024, 06:30:16 PM »

I'll try. I've already reported the problem via Avast UI before I wrote on the forum but I doubt anyone will take care of it...