Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

Can't restore files from the virus chest

(1/3) > >>

aphiliac:
Hi everybody. I currently have four files in my virus chest and they all have no viruses on them right now so I would like to restore them but I always get an error. It says, "FileID: 0000000001  Program cannot copy the following file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll (Original filename: kernel32.dll )
--->Description: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
FileID: 0000000003  Program cannot copy the following file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsock32.dll (Original filename: wsock32.dll )
--->Description: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

How do I go about restoring those files?

If I'm being vague or unclear on something please tell me because I'm rushed right now.  :P Anything and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

CharleyO:

In what section of the chest are these files in?

Lisandro:
If they're on System files, they're there for backup purposes.
Why are you trying to restore them? Are the original ones infected?

aphiliac:
Tech is right, the files are in the System files section of the virus chest. The reason I'm trying to restore them is because the virus chest says there aren't any viruses on these files so I figure they shouldn't be in virus chest. A second reason is because right now I can't seem to open any .exe files I download onto my computer and the problem started right around the last time I put an infected file into the virus chest. So I'm thinking that there may be a connection.

And Tech said, "Are the original ones infected?". I'm not quite sure what he means by that. I assume I have only one copy of the dll files in my virus chest and those dll files are in my virus chest. I did rescan those files in the chest and all files have no viruses on them.

Am I just supposed to not restore any system files that land in my virus chest? and any idea if there really is a connection between the dll files in my virus chest and my inability to open any .exe files I download?

oldman:
If they are in the system files section of the chest, they belong there. Avast put them there as back ups.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version