Author Topic: Scan Results - Missing  (Read 2198 times)

AverageJoe72

Scan Results - Missing
« on: May 23, 2008, 06:16:57 PM »
Hello

New Avast user.  Downloaded a few days ago.  Everything worked fine at first.

Problem: When I run a scan, at the completion of the scan there is no recap listing the results; it just goes back to the User Interface Window.  On the Menu the following items are faded an not accessible: Status Information, Last Scan Results.

Went through the FAQ and viewed a few pages in this forum but didn't find anything that addressed this.  After that I un-installed avast, booted and re-installed.  Ran a scan.  Same results as above.  Status Information and Last Scan Results are faded and inaccessible.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Scan Results - Missing
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 06:38:26 PM »
In the home version the list at the end of a scan will only report those files that couldn't be scanned and the reason. The Simple User Interface (SUI) should give a brief outline of the scan, files/folders scanned, Duration and Total size of files scanned.

The greyed items Last Scan Results, a) the list I mentioned and if none this will not function, b) if you have closed the SUI, then even if there were any Last Scan Results it would be gone as it isn't retained in the Home version (it is in the Pro version). The other Greyed items are basically not available, mostly as they are Pro version functions or unavailable.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security