Author Topic: Trojan in Windows/ Temp that Keeps coming back  (Read 7240 times)

Duhend1

Trojan in Windows/ Temp that Keeps coming back
« on: July 25, 2009, 01:43:45 AM »
I'm new to Avast! I have been using Norton for years but it is letting me down as of recent so I downloaded the trial version of Avast to test it out.  

I must say I love it, but last night I got a pop up from Avast stating that a JS: Agent - CV [trj] has been found.  I put it in the chest and since then 2 more have shown up in my Windows/ Temp file, I've read on here about what to do but I figured I would start my own thread because they become so jumbled.  I still have Norton running, which I know is bad, but they have never conflicted. Norton has not caught the virus at all, and if it wasn't for Avast I'm sure i wouldn't know it was there.

I have a 2 month old gateway (as a virus that slipped by Norton and trashed my old laptop) it has 64bit Vista home premium on it.  I haven't deleted the viruses as the forums have stated but my question is is it a regenerating one?  I live in a giant apartment complex where we are all basically on one router and the ISP does a good job of monitoring everything but I know things slip through.  God knows what is running around on line here.  My question is  it new every time or is it regenerating, it isn't in system restore just in the temp folder so is it new everytime?  Sorry for my ranting but I wanted to give you as much info as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help, this is one of the best forums I have seen yet!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:51:42 AM by Duhend1 »

cinchez

Re: Trojan in Windows/ Temp that Keeps coming back
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 02:09:41 AM »
Try cleaning ur Temp Files and then do a boot-scan^^

If possible, u may have to uninstall Norton so that avast! can operate at its best!^^

If the problem still persists, Try installing HiJackThis(www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/) and post one log here^^

Wish u good luck^^

-AnimeLover^^

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 02:12:12 AM »
Agree with uninstalling Norton.Even after uninstalling norton,it may still conflict with avast so uninstall it with revosuninstaller.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

Duhend1

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 02:22:41 AM »
I'm new to the lingo but I'm assuming "clean" means to scan?  I did one about 2 hours ago and it came up fine, I also wasn't sure if I could boot scan with my trial copy

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 02:27:05 AM »
'Clean' doesn't mean scan.It means clearing.If you don't know how to clear your temp file,heres a free program
http://www.ccleaner.com/
Yes you can boot scan with the trial copy
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:29:35 AM by mathboyx215 »
It is not possible to divide anything by zero