Author Topic: VRDB different in Pro vs. Home?  (Read 2074 times)

erauch

VRDB different in Pro vs. Home?
« on: June 30, 2008, 06:39:58 AM »
Sort of a newbie, although I really seem to like using it (Home) product vs. Symantec which I have had for close to 10 years.

I did have one question in which I hoped somebody could enlighten me. Is there  a major difference in the installation, appearance, or use of the VRDB in the home version vs. the Professional version?

I have a friend who has a small business and therefore uses the professional addition. I went to look at his and we even reinstalled it and at no time did we see anything about the VRDB being installed or nothing about it anywhere. Not on the menu or anything. It certainly did not add an additional icon in the system tray that we had to combine or anything. In fact the only place I even saw VRDB mentioned was a small comment in the help file. I did see the more technical interface - it was a little confusing so we went back to the minimal - but nowhere did I see anything about VRDB. Is it just included somewhere or since thier is a Rootkit it is not used or turned on or what? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: VRDB different in Pro vs. Home?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 04:01:56 PM »
This provides the differences, the VRDB is the same as is the installation, the Pro Version has script blocker but that only works with a limited number browsers. It is the convenience, automation and configurability that see enhancements in the pro version; to see that you need to switch to the Enhanced User Interface (not available in the home version).

Avast Home V Avast Pro differences http://www.avast.com/eng/av4_version_comp.html
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security