Author Topic: log viewer and destop not refreshing  (Read 2622 times)

adi_dmj

log viewer and destop not refreshing
« on: September 02, 2008, 05:13:54 PM »
win xp sp3
Avast 4.8 Home

Problem descrition:

when I  right click on blue icon in task bar and choose avast! log viewer there is windows watch glass busy icon appears but log viewer does not opens, after that whenever i right click on my desktop the shortcut menu appears dim and transparent .

let us suppose i choose refresh from this dim transparent shortcut menu then desktop will be refreshed but refresh letters will remain on desktop.

this problem is corrected if you restart /reboot your system, as a result i am not using avast log viewer for some time.

i am attaching the screenshot for further clarification

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: log viewer and destop not refreshing
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 05:22:24 PM »
What happens if you run ashLogV.exe from avast folder?
Can you try to repair your installation?
Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast! antivirus > Remove. Then choose Repair function in the popup window (Repair).

Any other antivirus installed in this machine? In the past?
The best things in life are free.

adi_dmj

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 06:24:59 PM »
Thanks for reply,
i tried to run it from avast folder it is working from there, but let me add it to something that this problem is not of permanent in nature.

At this moment i tried it from avast folder it worked fine  similarly i was able to start it from notification area.

Computer was recently formatted and Avast is the Only protection on it , i even didn't installed the windows defender thinking that both perform the same job one will scan the activities of others  and vice versa.

Thanks

adi_dmj

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 06:27:23 PM »
 ya i will definitely try to repair it, i refrained from it ,thinking that while doing repairing it may be damaged.

As some of its module may prevent modification to avast file itself.

Thanks