Author Topic: Custom Format of Inserted Notes  (Read 6772 times)

Gu3

Custom Format of Inserted Notes
« on: May 28, 2003, 05:31:36 AM »
All,
  Is the ability to edit the inserted notes on completion of the scan of each incoming or outgoing email not quite implemented yet?

The reason I ask, is that he helpfile indicates that it is, yet it implies a method of access I have not yet been able to find, and simply editing the files in the /ENGLISH directory has not yielded any change to the inserted text.

I've looked in the settings tab, looked all over the interface for the On-Access Scanner, etc, and have not found anything.  A search of the message archives yielded only one result, and the implication in April, was that this feature was not quite complete.  Is this still the case?

Thanks!
Scott...

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Custom Format of Inserted Notes
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 10:04:59 AM »
It will be implemented in the next update. You will find it in On-Access Scanner dialog -> Internet Mail provider.

Gu3

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 03:27:47 PM »
Aha! Thankyou.  I'm not going nuts then... or at least no faster than usual.

Thanks.
Scott...

Certek

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2003, 01:32:12 PM »
vojtech,
We received our last update yesterday and I do not see this new feature you describe.  Am I missing something?  I have asked for this feature in the past and was looking forward to being able to customize the mail message.  

Here is my earlier thread request for reference.  http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=335

Thanks in advance for you help and great support.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2003, 02:11:43 PM »
The today (and yesterday) update was just a virus database, not the whole program (and no, this feature is not part of the virus database :)). The program update will be issued in about a week (maybe sooner).

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Certek

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2003, 10:11:49 PM »
Vik,
Thanks for the clarification and continued support.  I look forward to the new program update.

Certek

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2003, 04:48:47 PM »
Vik and Company,
I noticed that the custom format of inserted notes has been implemented and I want to thank you for your continued support on the great program.

Gu3

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2003, 06:35:30 PM »
As Certek already said, Thank You.

I like the new default message, but will probably customize it for brevity.  I really appreciate the ability to do this!

Regards,

Scott...