Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING **: pre-release version of next avast update (now 4.8.1263)  (Read 90535 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: ** INTRODUCING **: pre-release version of next avast update (now 4.8.1256)
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2008, 07:14:53 AM »
I've asked guys from my ISP and they said Google is redirecting. Makes me wonder then why some guys get detection with avast! when trying to open www.gooogle.com, but i don't. It just redirects me directly, no warning from avast!.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

tevion

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2008, 07:48:42 AM »
Since last signature update 081017-1 Version 4.8.1256 Avast seems to be unknown in vista security center (see picture).
No activation possible.
This happens first time ever - never before  i have had this  problem.
Solutions given in the forums dont`t help e.g. deleting folder repository (of course first stopping security center service) and restart.
I don`t believe this will be a hard failure but its nasty seeing red shield in tray.
Thanks for helping.
Tevion
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 08:06:22 AM by Tevion »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2008, 08:34:52 AM »
Mine also updated to this VPS version and is still working just fine. Have you tried repairing installation?

drahnier

« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2008, 08:57:58 AM »
Since last signature update 081017-1 Version 4.8.1256 Avast seems to be unknown in vista security center (see picture).
No activation possible.
This happens first time ever - never before  i have had this  problem.
Solutions given in the forums dont`t help e.g. deleting folder repository (of course first stopping security center service) and restart.
I don`t believe this will be a hard failure but its nasty seeing red shield in tray.
Thanks for helping.
Tevion

Same here. Stopping, then restarting providers manually resolves this issue for me.

Edit: Actually, it is sufficient to just terminate and then restart the Standard Shield.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 10:09:57 AM by drahnier »

tevion

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2008, 09:52:06 AM »
Mine also updated to this VPS version and is still working just fine. Have you tried repairing installation?

yes i`ve tried to repair .. was no solution

Same here. Stopping, then restarting providers manually resolves this issue for me.

yes, thanks drahnier, that was the solution, i`ve had blind eyes ... disabling all services and restart again, thats all, service center can see avast again -:)

Edit: in my case it will be a firewall problem ... its hard to find out whats going on ... never before vista firewall control did block
       avast components in a such hard way
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 11:29:17 AM by Tevion »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2008, 10:16:07 AM »
With the avast beta and the Network provider active I get the popup advising me that "www.gooogle.com" is a malware site and Firefox telling me that the the site cannot be found.  With the avast Network provider inactive I am routed to "www.google.com".

That is the expected behavior (the first part, I mean) - no matter what DNS you use.
Why it doesn't work for quite some people, I can't say (don't know much about this part personally)... so I'd rather wait for Vlk or Lukor with that. (Maybe it could be related to firewall somehow...?)

mouniernetwork

« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2008, 10:53:40 AM »
I tried going to "www.gooogle.com"  and got the warning message from avast but after I got the bleu screen of Death  ??? ???
Any idea on how to fix this ??

Al968

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2008, 10:55:47 AM »
Uh, now that certainly shouldn't happen ;)
Please send us the corresponding minidump file (it should be in Windows\Minidump folder - and its timestamp should correspond to the crash).
Thanks.

mouniernetwork

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2008, 11:02:15 AM »
Ok, I uploaded to the FTP server, the name of the file is : Mini101808-01.dmp

Thanks for your quick responce

Al968

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2008, 11:22:57 AM »
Thanks. Can you please post some info about your "network subsystem"? (I mean, firewall... and stuff like that).

mouniernetwork

« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2008, 11:47:05 AM »
I use comodo firewall 3, I disabled Defense+ when installing the beta.
I am running Windows xp Pro SP2 (French Version).

Anything else ?

Thanks

Al968

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2008, 01:44:46 PM »

This screenshot is from the Web Shield URL blocking feature. Would it be possible to include similar "block" message for Network SHield when it blocks malicious webpage (possibly in more red colored theme).
This way you'd notify user that he attempted to visit bad site plus you'd get rid of the Firefox error message because of unreachable webpage. If Web Shield can do it, i se no reason why Network Shield could not do the same.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2008, 02:40:35 PM »
I would support this suggestion as the current alert as it is (for those that it actually alerts for) too understated and the user really needs it made clear that/why avast has alerted/blocked access to the site/link they were trying to visit or redirected too.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2008, 03:13:56 PM »
Just typing from IE7...
Something is seriously wrong with this new version of avast!. It happened for the second time (first one was right after the update to beta version, otherwise it never happened anything like this with last official version of avast!) that Firefox locked up completelly.
Firefox process is running but i can't terminate it or do anything with it. And before this happened, avast! decided to report to Security Center that it's disabled (even though it was in fact running) right after i finished installing new drivers for my X-Fi Xtreme Music soundcard. Then i stopped it and enabled it back (so Security Center is reporting it correctly again). And then the above problem started.

EDIT:
There. It took 5 minutes for something (i assume it's avast!) to release Firefox from it's claws and now it's working like nothing happened.

EDIT2:
Rebooted the system because of X-Fi drivers that i just installed and after 5 minutes after boot, avast! again reporting that it's disabled even though it's not (in Vista Security Center).

EDIT3:
Just been playing with my westie and when i came back Security Center warning was there again :(
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 03:32:28 PM by RejZoR »

Offline Soure73

« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2008, 03:57:13 PM »
Ok, since upgrading to this Beta version of Avast my internet connection is very slooow but disabling network shield improve things. Does anybody having the same issue?
HP Compaq with Amd AthlonII x2 2.7Ghz,4 Gig ram 1066 Mhz DDR3,ATI Radeon HD 3000(onboard),Windows 10 Home 64bit