Author Topic: Avast 4 home STMP commands  (Read 3560 times)

agvar

Avast 4 home STMP commands
« on: May 15, 2004, 04:56:57 AM »
looking for a set of commands the proxie STMP server  has if i log into it with telnet ??

CoJo

Re:Avast 4 home STMP commands
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 04:14:58 PM »
looking for a set of commands the proxie STMP server  has if i log into it with telnet ??

agvar, welcome to the forums!

what exactly is telnet?
and have you tried doing a search using proxy STMP server--any or all the words? you should get several posts.
good luck!

cojo

agvar

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 04:48:49 PM »
Not Trying to be rude  ;D
But you must be new to computer's and the internet...Telnet is a basic connection program used with the internet I think it has been included with windows since win 98 came out it's just not got a pretty icon cause it aint a piont and click type program..but if you goto the run command and enter telnet it will start the program :) and a search was the First thing I did befor I asked for a listing of the commands for there server

defination according to microsoft help center  is

"Telnet A terminal-emulation protocol that is widely used on the Internet to log on to network computers. Telnet also refers to the application that uses the Telnet protocol for users who log on from remote locations.

See also: protocol"

CoJo

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 06:16:04 PM »
 :-[
sorry...I was trying to learn and help at the same time.
next time, I'll concentrate on one thing.

cojo

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 11:42:01 AM »
1) For "UseDefaultSmtp=1" in avast4.ini
The mail scanner connects to the "DefaultSmtpServer" and then just forwards commands to a mail server and resends its responses back to a client.

2) For "UseDefaultSmtp=0" in avast4.ini
When you login with AUTH command, the mail scanner connects to a mail server (server address is extracted from the username) and then forwards commands and responses.