Author Topic: How to be removed from the forum  (Read 10159 times)

crofty59

How to be removed from the forum
« on: June 28, 2009, 12:27:21 PM »
To the administrators or moderators

How do you remove your account from the avast forums, or if it has to be done by a moderator or administrator .  would you please delete me

Cheers

Husk

Re: How to be removed from the forum
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 12:48:09 PM »
Why do you want to get erased  ???

I'm pretty sure only the Owner can do it

crofty59

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 12:49:49 PM »
Thanks Husk

Cheers

micky77

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 12:52:42 PM »
  would you please delete me

You don't want to do that. This is a great forum.Just because, you don't get on with one individual. Bury the hatchet.Besides, the more aussies, the better, more people to rib,when we thrash you in the ashes  ;D

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 01:03:09 PM »
Um, FWIW I think it is possible that a member on another thread  might possibly have taken something out of context.
Wouldn't get too bent over it.
As far as I'm concerned (and what I think doesn't really matter a damn, anyway) anyone is welcome, here.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

cinchez

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 01:15:31 PM »
Ummm I think i understand his feelings...as i experienced that too...

Either way, we must learn to forgive and forget right?--- no matter how painful the experience is....

(Experiences=my experience in the avast! forums...)

-AnimeLover^^

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 01:17:30 PM »
Yeah, I remember that. It was a bit of a vicious and cheap shot, really. Excessive force.

cinchez

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 01:26:35 PM »
To the author....

Pls bear in mind that u r not alone in this world...Wat ever the reason u have in mind, pls dnt run^^

I learned that lesson the "hard way"

@Tarq57^^

Tnx bro^^

U should do "that" more often....I mean do "that" to crofty59^^

-AnimeLover^^

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 01:28:46 PM »
Yeah, I remember that. It was a bit of a vicious and cheap shot, really. Excessive force.

-= Same here.. A lot of people are really annoyed to me thinking that I'm just a trying hard kiddo..

-= Most of the time, I am being embarrassed by being corrected since my reply is pretty unreliable but still, it should have been better since they consider to lend some time to correct me rather than being ignored..  ;D
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

cinchez

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 01:33:42 PM »

-= Same here.. A lot of people are really annoyed to me thinking that I'm just a trying hard kiddo..

-= Most of the time, I am being embarrassed by being corrected since my reply is pretty unreliable but still, it should have been better since they consider to lend some time to correct me rather than being ignored..  ;D

(+100)

Wow u got ignored! :'(   [irony]^^

Well, if u got ignored, then i got insulted so many times that i cannot even remember the number of times i got insulted by "them" ...

Thats a little better, i guess...

-AnimeLover^^

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 01:37:09 PM »
I am being embarrassed by being corrected since my reply is pretty unreliable
Perhaps, if you know that your reply might be unreliable, you could start your replies with something that lets the poster know that.
I do, if I know I'm not certain of the fix that is needed. I'm actually seriously concerned that someone could bork their computer by taking my advice, if it's not on target.
Something like ..."Well, I'm not sure - not expert at this - but you could try...."

After all, this is a forum to help users, and if you're a "want to help" (as we all were at some stage) that should be made clear.
Or in other words, don't learn how to help someone with their problem at their expense.

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 01:41:56 PM »
I am being embarrassed by being corrected since my reply is pretty unreliable
Perhaps, if you know that your reply might be unreliable, you could start your replies with something that lets the poster know that.
I do, if I know I'm not certain of the fix that is needed. I'm actually seriously concerned that someone could bork their computer by taking my advice, if it's not on target.
Something like ..."Well, I'm not sure - not expert at this - but you could try...."

After all, this is a forum to help users, and if you're a "want to help" (as we all were at some stage) that should be made clear.
Or in other words, don't learn how to help someone with their problem at their expense.

-= Well, just want to share how I feel during my first few weeks in the forums.. Just want to say that, it feels better to be scolded by someone than to be ignored [based on personal experience.. ;)].. It feels like your excluded from the whole forums if you do get ignored ..
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

hlecter

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 01:54:09 PM »
To the administrators or moderators

How do you remove your account from the avast forums, or if it has to be done by a moderator or administrator .  would you please delete me

Cheers

I understand you completely, crofty59, but please go back to the other thread first.  :)

Regards
HL

crofty59

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 02:26:42 PM »
Thank everyone for your kind remarks, but i have made my mind up.

I wish everyone the best on the forum.

so i will only log in to see if i have been deleted or find out how to be deleted.

Cheers

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 02:54:02 PM »
Stay. Just take some time out. Let some of these changes going down to settle a bit. Will take some time regardless of what way things pan out.
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.