Author Topic: Internet connection problems - Firefox 3.5  (Read 28401 times)

Sesame

Re: Internet connection problems - Firefox 3.5
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 02:22:03 PM »
You can't use it with 3.1x versions of Firefox. I'm waiting until my necessary addons get updated.
Do you mean Tab Mix Plus 0.3.7.4pre.090516?  No, as written clearly in the thread I linked, it's not for 3.1.* or 3.2.* but for 3.5, which I am using, and 3.6.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 02:36:09 PM »
Do you mean Tab Mix Plus 0.3.7.4pre.090516?  No, as written clearly in the thread I linked, it's not for 3.1.* or 3.2.* but for 3.5, which I am using, and 3.6.
Yes, we're saying the same.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2009, 03:07:25 PM »
Then all you need to do is use the existing regular TabMixPlus add on, which worked on my system with firefox 3.0.11 or 3.0.14 (I can't recall), which is I presume what you are using (didn't us go back to the last stable version using filehippo, etc.) so that add-on should work.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2009, 03:15:04 PM »
Then all you need to do is use the existing regular TabMixPlus add on
It's what I'm doing.
The best things in life are free.

Avastfan1

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2009, 06:08:31 PM »
I am still getting major problems in having to reload websites to get them to appear.

Surprisingly I am not getting these problems in $hiternet Explorer.

Something is majorly wrong with the new Firefox 3.5 upgrade.

I've disabled my firewall, anti-virus, add-ons and everthing else I can think of but the problem persists.

I've cleared my cache with Ccleaner and ZA Pro.

Hopefully Mozilla will fix this soon. It's getting really annoying having to hit reload every 10 seconds.

Sammo

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2009, 06:26:05 PM »
Hopefully Mozilla will fix this soon. It's getting really annoying having to hit reload every 10 seconds.
I had the same problem until I installed Tete's private FF 3.5 build. Its faster than the official release with no noticeable slow downs. Try one of them: http://www1.plala.or.jp/tete009/en-US/software.html

Avastfan1

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2009, 06:46:35 PM »
Thanks for the tip Sammo.

Unfortunately because I don't know much about computers I think I will wait for the official release.

For experts like yourself it's easy to fix things if they go wrong from another version.

But computer idiots like me just make our lives harder when we use them :-)

Thanks again though dude!

micky77

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2009, 07:09:28 PM »
Have you tried firefox safe mode, I,m grasping at straws, but its worth a try http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2009, 09:11:42 PM »
@ Sammo:  As I'd mentioned earlier, that manual proxy setting you suggested for HTTP worked beautifully, thanks.  I hardly ever see "looking up ...." any more, and delays when "waiting for" or "loading data" are normal and expected, depending on how heavy internet traffic is both in general and at the destination site.

I do still get some "looking up" delay (not as bad as the other was) when connecting to secure sites.  Is there a separate setting for HTTPS (maybe the SSL proxy?), or is that just something I have to live with as part of the encryption/decryption process?  Thanks again, and best.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Avastfan1

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2009, 10:08:55 PM »
Tried it in safe mode but I can't load anything then? ??? ??? ???

Thanks for the suggestion though :-)

micky77

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2009, 10:18:32 PM »
Tried it in safe mode but I can't load anything then? ??? ??? ???

Thanks for the suggestion though :-)

I did not mean safe mode f8, I meant firefox safemode

Sammo

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2009, 10:33:13 PM »
I have had really good luck with Nightly Tester Tools. It will allow you to test stuff out and even force compatibility with your themes and extensions. You can download it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6543

Avastfan1

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2009, 10:43:16 PM »
Hi Micky77,

Sorry I don't think I was clear. I did try it with Firefox safe mode and I couldn't load any webpages at all.

Thanks again for the tip though!

Avastfan1

Sesame

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2009, 04:18:13 AM »
Safe mode is mainly for troubleshooting.  In safe mode, you cannot use any addons and I don't think it is good for practical usage of Firefox.  I don't have any problem with 3.5 but, if you have problems in your environment, it would be appropriate for you to wait till the developers solve the problems.

Personally, I use portable version of Firefox, which allows me to test a new version without affecting on my old setup.  Some other people probably use different profiles for the same purpose.  In any case, those people have their ways to avoid risks.  This is why I twice or thrice recommended FF users to use portable version or at least a profile under a different name while testing a new version.  Reading quite many posts complaining on the new version of Firefox, I think that Mozilla have their share of responsibility in promoting Firefox to the lowest common denominator.  Recommending a new version is one thing and letting them know what they may lose with the new version is another.

Sammo

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2009, 10:31:04 PM »