Author Topic: License Pro?  (Read 6840 times)

JerryM

License Pro?
« on: July 27, 2009, 09:40:43 PM »
I just installed Avast Pro. When I entered my paid license code it shows the date when updates expire as the years, but the expiration date of the application is shown as the date of the trial period expiration.

When the trial period expires will my license automatically kick in?

Thanks,
Jerry

onlysomeone

Re: License Pro?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 10:31:12 PM »
Hi Jerry!

have you already restarted your computer?
is your system time and date correct?

kind regards
onlysomeone

JerryM

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 10:56:39 PM »
Yes to both.

License information shows as time limited and expiration date as  September 25th.
The update expiration is Apr 2013.
I assume the program would  continue to run, and would be effective as long as the updates were current.

Regards,
Jerry

onlysomeone

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 11:03:21 PM »
Hi again!

Where did you buy the license?

Did you already try to enter the licence again?

Is your avast! up to date? --> do a program-update (rightclick avast!-symbol in the taskbar --> Update --> Program Update)

onlysomeone

JerryM

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 11:28:15 PM »
Yes it is up to date, and updates OK. I entered the license again with no change.
I bought the license from an ebay seller. I realize it is a case of "buyer beware." I will send you further information if you desire. I realize it could be a bad license. However it has an extended update. ???

Regards,
Jerry

onlysomeone

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 11:33:29 PM »
I'm afraid, but this possibly has been some fraudulent seller...

Please contact "sales (at) avast (dot) com" via Mail. Tell them your problem and try to find a solution.

kind regards
onlysomeone
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:36:42 PM by onlysomeone »

JerryM

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 11:35:41 PM »
Thanks, and will do. I admit that I have had good luck on ebay with licenses, but I know there are some bad ones.

Regards,
Jerry

JerryM

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 11:45:47 PM »
Message is on the way. I will post the response when I get one.

Thanks for your help. Avast is not only a great AV, but the support here has always been superb.

Regards,
Jerry

onlysomeone

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 11:48:00 PM »
Yeah, do that :)

Thanks for the kind words! :D

JerryM

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 03:17:28 PM »
The response was that I should go to Avast Home. There was no information regarding the validity of the license or why the two expiration dates were different.
My reply asked for clarification, and whether the license was a fraud. I realize that Avast Home is a great AV, but I wanted the pro version. I also do no want to support anyone who is selling illegal copies, or use the same.

I am going to contact the ebay seller and see what I can find out.

Regards,
Jerry

onlysomeone

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 06:48:33 PM »
Do that...

As far as I know both expiration dates should be the same... if this is not the case the license is fraudulent...  :-\

Try to contact the ebay seller...

May I ask how much you paid for your license?
Because I think that you can also contact ebay and tell them that you got an illegal license and ebay gives you back your money...
This is some kind of insurance they offer...
(But all this is just what I think and I don't know if this is correct!)

onlysomeone

JerryM

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 09:11:10 PM »
I paid $7.99 for it.
I have sent a message to the seller and explained the situation. He is a 100% rated seller, and I am sure he does not want a problem.
The one I bought was supposed to be for 6 years, but I notice that now he has two that are for 2 years at $9.99. Only the license is sent via email so there is no postage. I never  heard of a 6 year license.

I have bought AVs through ebay for years with satisfaction. I'll see how this one fleshes out. I cannot lose much, but do not want to support dishonest sellers.

When you pay with PayPal you are protected. I will try to work it out with the seller first. He may have been taken also.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 09:19:34 PM »
There isn't a 6 year license - Well the longest legitimate license period is for 3 years, so there is something hookie about a 6 year license.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

spg SCOTT

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 09:31:01 PM »
Especially at $7.99...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 10:02:46 PM »
Absolutely when something looks too good to be true it often is. When a license purporting to be fo 6 years and is roughly 1 fifth the cost of an annual license you have to start thinking key generator generated license number and likely to fail validation.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security