Author Topic: Can a French speaking Forum Member help with Scam(?) email?  (Read 7789 times)

normishmael

Can a French speaking Forum Member help with Scam(?) email?
« on: August 23, 2009, 08:31:11 AM »
Hi,I received this in my Gmail account box. Just guessing I would say Phishing scam,but can a person who speaks French tell me?

thanks.

"Cher Ami
Comment êtes-vous aujourd'hui? i hope fine,
Je suis Dr.Kevin Brown De Harlsden, nord-ouest de Londres, ici en Angleterre. Je travaille pour la Société de Banque Natwest Londres. Je vous écris de mon bureau. Dans mon ministère, qui est le directeur adjoint (Greater London Regional Office), j'ai découvert une somme abandonnée de 12,5 millions de dollars USA dollars (douze millions cinq cent mille dollars US) dans un compte qui appartient à l'un de nos clients étrangers en retard Morrison Mr.Thompson citoyen américain qui, malheureusement, a perdu la vie dans l'accident d'avion de Alaska Airlines Flight 261 qui s'est écrasé sur 31 Janvier 2000, y compris sa femme et fille.

Le choix de vous contacter est suscité par le caractère géographique de l'endroit où vous vivez, notamment en raison de la sensibilité de la transaction et la confidentialité des présentes. Maintenant, notre banque a été d'attente pour l'un des parents à venir en place de la créance, mais personne ne l'a fait. Personnellement, je n'a pas réussi à localiser le parents pendant 2 ans maintenant, je demande votre consentement pour vous présenter comme le plus proche parent / Will bénéficiaire du défunt afin que le produit de ce compte une valeur de 12,5 millions de dollars peuvent être payés pour vous. Ce sera versée ou partagé dans ces pourcentages, 60% pour moi et 40% pour vous. J'ai obtenu tous les documents juridiques qui peuvent être utilisés à l'appui de cette affirmation que nous faisons. Tous les i, il est nécessaire de remplir votre nom à la légalisation de documents et dans la cour ici pour vous prouver que le bénéficiaire légitime. Tout ce dont j'ai besoin maintenant, c'est honnête de votre coopération, de confidentialité et de confiance pour nous permettre de nous voir à travers cette opération. Je vous garantis que ce sera exécutée en vertu de
un arrangement légitime que vous protègent de toute violation de la loi.
S'il vous plaît, de me donner le texte suivant: comme nous l'avons fait 5 jours pour le faire tourner à travers.
c'est très très URGENT S'IL VOUS PLAÎT.
1. Nom complet
2. Votre numéro de téléphone
3. Votre adresse de contact.
4. Âge.
5. Core emploi / Occupation
Après avoir passé par une recherche méthodique, j'ai décidé de vous contacter en espérant que vous trouverez cette proposition intéressante. S'il vous plaît sur votre confirmation de ce message en indiquant votre intérêt et vous vous fournir de plus amples informations. Endeavour à me faire connaître votre décision
plutôt que de me garder en attente.
Observe,
Dr.Kevin Brown."

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
Re: Can a French speaking Forum Member help with Scam(?) email?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 08:34:45 AM »
This is the translation from microsoft translator:

Dear friend how are you today? i hope fine, I am Dr.Kevin Brown De Harlsden, North-West London, here in England. I work for the Bank Natwest London society. I am writing my Office. In my Ministry, which is the Deputy Director (Greater London Regional Office), I discovered a sum abandoned us $ (twelve million five hundred thousand US dollars) $ 12.5 million in an account that belongs to one of our foreign clients late Morrison American citizen Mr.Thompson which, unfortunately, was killed in the Alaska Airlines Flight 261 aircraft accident that crushed on 31 January 2000, including his wife and daughter.

The choice of contact you is caused by the geographical character of the place where you live, partly because of the sensitivity of the transaction and the confidentiality of herein. Now, our Bank has been waiting for a future parent in the debt place, but nobody did. Personally, I was unable to locate the parents for 2 years now, I ask your consent to present as the closest parent / recipient of the deceased so that the product of this account valued at $ 12.5 million can be paid to you Will. This will be paid or shared in these percentages, 60 % for me and 40 % for you. I got all legal documents that can be used to support this assertion that we do. All i, it is necessary to fill your name to the legalization of documents and court here that the beneficiary legitimate for prove you. All I need now was honest your privacy and trust cooperation to enable us to see us through this operation. I can assure you that this will be run by a legitimate arrangement that you protect any violation of the law.
Please, give me the following text: as we have done 5 days to run through.
It is very very URGENT if it you PLAÎT.
1 2 Full name. Phone number 3. Your contact address.
4 Age.
5 Core employment / occupation after having passed by a systematic search, I decided to contact you in the hope that you will find this interesting proposal. Please on your confirmation message indicating your interest and you provide more information. Endeavour me awareness of your decision to keep me waiting.
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 08:38:30 AM »
um. Scam.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

normishmael

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 08:40:52 AM »
Thanks Guys.
I thought I was America's newest Republican.
oh well....

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 08:44:11 AM »
consider forwarding it here :

http://www.antiphishing.org/report_phishing.html  <-- contains email address where the email has to be sent.

disclaimer : I'm not connected in anyway to the above mentioned site.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 08:44:48 AM »
Yeah, I wish that every time I get one of these emails too.  Unfortunately for us, they're just trying to STEAL our money and info, not give us anything.  ::)

http://www.antiphishing.org/report_phishing.html  <-- contains email address where the email has to be sent.

+1
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 08:48:47 AM »
Yeah, I wish that every time I get one of these emails too.  Unfortunately for us, they're just trying to STEAL our money and info, not give us anything.  ::)

+1

Still find it hard to believe that people actually fall for these scam.Sigh.........
What has the world become ???
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 08:50:38 AM »
I ain't lying but I haven't got even a single spam from day 1.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 08:51:38 AM »
Well, I guess you're lucky then.  I don't get much, but it happens.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 08:54:58 AM »
I do get messages in my spam folder (rarely 1/month) but they'll be false positives.

normishmael

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 08:57:42 AM »
That really is the first one that has slid straight into my in-box.
All of the Stud-in-a-bottle,and free Manhatten Island property, stuff
normally hits the spam folder.

I will submit it to the site given,not because I really thank it will do
a lot of good,but because it is a legitimate use for the hope that springs eternal in the human breast,these scum prey on.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 09:01:28 AM »
Well if more start getting by your junk email box, and you get annoyed by it, I suggest http://www.spamarrest.com

I've been using it for several years and I highly recommend.  Pretty cheap.

Then again, if you only have a few spams pass through, I don't think paying for an anti-spam service is needed.

Good luck!

normishmael

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 09:17:44 AM »
nmb: Email submitted as per site instructions. thanks.
scythe944: No,not enough to bother me.
Are you old enough to remember comic books
and the offers for "X-Ray Specs",and 'Sea Monkeys",at the back?
kind of the same thing.
I know its crap of the purest ray serene,but..What if?

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 09:20:40 AM »
I know its crap of the purest ray serene,but..What if?

Lol, well, try it out and see what happens...

I don't think you'll enjoy the outcome of it though!

On second thought, don't try it out, it was a joke!  Bad times, had by all. MUCH worse than sea monkeys turning out to be brine shrimp...

normishmael

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 09:25:40 AM »
Amen.I know. I never did order the X-Ray Specs though.