Author Topic: ADNM with avast for server and plug in module for exchange server  (Read 5408 times)

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
Dear avast tech team,

I'd like to know if client already have ADNM with NetClient and NetServer installed, and then they need avast for plug in exchange server :
1. How to activate the plug in at existing ADNM with NetClient and NetServer?
2. How to show to the client, if their exchange server has protected by avast plug in for exchange server?

Maybe this question it is look easy to you all, but for me it is my first time and i need to know.

Regards,
Yanto Chiang
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

wpn

Re: ADNM with avast for server and plug in module for exchange server
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 12:16:10 AM »
to find out centrally you have to look in the ADNM.
to find out on the client itself you need to check the ABOUT info from the installed client.

answer on 1: you need to make packages at the ADNM with the plugins, if you have not done so you need to redeploy the package to the client (if the client is not a netclient then the installation will proceed making the professional client a netclient)
answer on 2: on the client you can see which plugins are running, when you open outlook you will see that the plugin will be started

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 04:31:06 AM »
Hi WPN,

Thanks for your advice,

to find out centrally you have to look in the ADNM.
to find out on the client itself you need to check the ABOUT info from the installed client.

Sure, from ADNM we could detect which client has been installed or not installed yet.

answer on 1: you need to make packages at the ADNM with the plugins, if you have not done so you need to redeploy the package to the client (if the client is not a netclient then the installation will proceed making the professional client a netclient)

How if the client's already implemented on the site? Whether client's only need to change with ADNM for the exchange server plug-in module or they need to re-deploy for their Net Client and Net Server?

Regards,
Yanto Chiang
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

wpn

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 12:46:53 PM »
i havent tried/tested this since i build my packages the other way around:  i put in all and then start cutting down on what i dont need. Sometimes leaving things in for if i want to use it in the future.

the only logical thing you could do right now is build the new package and deploy the package on the client again.

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 04:32:27 AM »
Hi WPN,

So it would be more effective to re-deploy it again with new packages.
Ok, so far i never tried this before.

So we'll try it after our customer agree to buy avast's plug in

wpn

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 07:43:46 PM »
dont you have the ability to test it on a (virtual) system? at this moment i dont have the resources for trying it for you

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 11:29:15 AM »
Hi WPN,

Last time i have virtual machine on my notebook, but since infected by virus and eliminated by avast. Then i don't have any source to try it again, but near by this week i will try again with virtual machine.

Thanks for your advice WPN.