Author Topic: Any good soul to help here (SCR) ?  (Read 18423 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Any good soul to help here (SCR) ?
« on: June 14, 2004, 01:41:16 AM »
Hi everyone... is there any chance someone can send me AVASTSS.scr file... I'm having so much troubles with configuring screensaver, actually, I am unable to get settings screen opened...

When I start avast! screensaver I can see that little window showing randomly on my screen, but it says VIRUS FINDING IS OFF !

I want to configure it to scan my system when screensaver is on and I am unable to do that... I don't know if it has something with scr file or not, but I just wanna try...

If someone wants to send me that file, please zip it if it's possible, 'cause my ISP's mail server is filtering mails with attachments... it will reject some mails with exe or scr attachments... probably some server antivirus tool. I think they use Micro Trend's Server Antivirus...

Thanks in advance !

My e-mail: bljakavo@hotpop.com
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 01:41:41 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • Be Safe. Be Smart. Use Common Sense.
Re:Any good soul to help here (SCR) ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 02:02:29 AM »
Hey Craftec,
     I sent you the file I hope this helps. Your friend.
iMac 21.5 " Mid 2011 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 02:12:44 AM »
I sent mine too
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 02:20:16 AM »
Thanks my friends...

I've got that file, but unfortunately it didn't help...  :'(

Something is wrong with this program update I guess, 'cause when I go to screensaver settings inside TASKS / ENHANCED USER INTERFACE, and when I press SETTINGS option, nothing is happening... I don't know... maybe I'm doing something wrong, or I just have to wait for new 418 update... ::)

Thanks for your effort guys !!! I really appreciate it...

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 02:24:37 AM »
What language version are you using?
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 02:39:01 AM »
English version... I don't understand any other, hehe... there is no Croatian version yet, but I guess English is my language now, so I'm pretty comfortable with english version...

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 02:56:45 AM »
Hey Sasha,
     It's radicalb21. I was just running version 4.1.416 was realeased earlier today and had no problems with regards to the screensaver. Also version 4.1.418 was just released to the web via updating.You may want to uninstall the program. Then restart your machine. Delete the alwil software folder. Then clean out your registry. then restart your machine. Reinstall the program and make any changes to the configuration you need and everything should be fine. Hope this helps my friend. The problem with the screensaver was only located in the non-english languages.  
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 02:59:29 AM by radicalb21 »
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 04:06:43 AM »
OK, I'll try to do that, but I'm not sure can I reregister my avast! Pro version second time... I already registered once, so I don't know if it will bring me some additional problems if I do that again...

Sasha

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2004, 05:05:35 AM »
What do you mean Sasha by reregistering? please explain.
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 05:29:54 AM »
There is no Croatian version yet, but I guess English is my language now, so I'm pretty comfortable with english version...

Can you translate it into Croatian?  ;D (I'm almost sure it will take more time than making one skin...)

Would Alwil be happy with this?  ::)
The best things in life are free.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2004, 05:31:14 AM »
OK, I'll try to do that, but I'm not sure can I reregister my avast! Pro version second time... I already registered once, so I don't know if it will bring me some additional problems if I do that again... Sasha

Sasha, you cannot 'reregister' avast Pro but you will use the same license key you already has... You can format your HDD ( ;D ) and use the same license number again  ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 05:48:23 AM »
I want to configure it to scan my system when screensaver is on and I am unable to do that... I don't know if it has something with scr file or not, but I just wanna try...

Same for me  :'(
Fortunatelly, I configure the screen saver some days ago and now it is working with that 'old' settings. Thanks God.
When I try to change the settings avast crashes...  :'(  :P

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2004, 09:54:57 AM »
When I try to change the settings avast crashes...  

With build 416 or 418? Guys you must be kidding me -- that's what 418 was hopefully solving (actually that's its only difference to 416) -- crashes of the Settings dialog in non-English language versions.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2004, 11:54:47 AM »
There is no Croatian version yet, but I guess English is my language now, so I'm pretty comfortable with english version...

Can you translate it into Croatian?  ;D (I'm almost sure it will take more time than making one skin...)

Would Alwil be happy with this?  ::)

More time than making skins ? You got to be kidding me... coming up with idea( which consumes most of the time), drawing base screen, drawing all those little pieces, compiling them into one big complex, making animations, testing skin million times... ... it just takes sooooo much time. I am fast because I'm good  ;D Can't run away from the fact...

Technical, you could reply in just one post by re-editing it, now you have even more posts in your counter... See my point ?  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2004, 02:22:24 PM »
When I try to change the settings avast crashes...  

With build 416 or 418? Guys you must be kidding me -- that's what 418 was hopefully solving (actually that's its only difference to 416) -- crashes of the Settings dialog in non-English language versions.

Vlk: 418
I'm not kidding  :'(

Sasha, I did not get your point  ???