Author Topic: Need Help With Building Gaming Pc  (Read 4970 times)

GhOstMaStEr

Need Help With Building Gaming Pc
« on: December 09, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »
I'm planing to build personal gaming pc for my brother. Can anyone suggest me which build is better. CPU Amd or Intel? Motherboard ASUS or MSI or Biostar? And Nvidia or ATI? Is AMD better with Nvidia,because i hear that Nvdia is better running with Intel.
If anyone can suggest me any link for more reference? because what i find from search engine is confusing me alot. . . .

BRANDONN2008

Re: Need Help With Building Gaming Pc
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 08:38:51 PM »
I would recommend the forum EggXpert for this sort of thing. http://www.eggxpert.com/

Generally both AMD and Intel are good, Intel is more powerful but AMD is a lot cheaper and almost as powerful. Nvidia and ATI are about the same but I would recommend the newer ATI HD 5700's or 5800's as they have DirectX11 capabilities. For motherboard brands I would recommend ASUS or Gigabyte. As far as Intel being better with Nvidia, I've never heard of that. I'm using an ATI with an Intel just fine. Hope this helps a bit.

Hannu

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 08:59:12 PM »
If anyone can suggest me any link for more reference? because what i find from search engine is confusing me alot. . . .

You might want to check out this thread: http://forums.e-mpire.com/showthread.php?t=124378

GhOstMaStEr

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 06:18:58 AM »
That nice,Thanks.. It will be useful for me. Directx 11? is it exist? i though there just directx 10.

GhOstMaStEr

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 07:28:51 AM »
what a great website. http://www.ibuypower.com
but it not from the local web.. T_T

BRANDONN2008

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 10:38:38 PM »
what a great website. http://www.ibuypower.com
but it not from the local web.. T_T

Yes, that site and www.cyberpowerpc.com are both featured in PC Gamer magazine so they are probably reputable. CyberpowerPC seems almost as cheap as buying the parts and putting it together yourself.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 10:43:44 PM »
I would recommand you to buy a good intel quad core or core i7 with an ATI as graphic card or if you are rich then with a Nvidia Graphic Card. But i would say ATI is more cheap in term of price for graphic card more than Nvidia. For exemple u can have an ATI Graphic Card 4670 that beat 9500 Nvidia for about 100-120 $/Euros. While the Nvidia 9500 is like 140-160 $/Euros.

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 09:54:33 AM »
At the moment ATI is offering some pretty amazing feature rich products at a good price. The 5xxx series simply rocks. I bought myself a 5770 Radeon and i am very very satisfied with the card. The IQ is great as always with ATI, the performance is quite good and best of all the card is very quiet and power efficient. Of course the 58xx series is even better(faster) but it all depends on your budget, for my budget the 5770 was the right choice. I also bought a new mobo, ram and cpu, this time i completely ditched Intel and went with a Phenom II. Again AMD offered great price/performance so i went with that instead of i5 which btw is also a very good choice. The thing that really got me to switch to AMD was not only the price of the cpu but the prices of those mobos. I am planning to run CrossfireX with 2x 5770's and amd mobos with good Crossfire support(talking dual 8x8 slots, Intel p55 are usually 16x4 except the more premium ones) are cheaper than the Intel equivalents. So i got myself a Phenom II x4 965be with a nice Crossfire Asus mobo(amd 790 + sb 750 chipset) and 4gb's of fast ddr3 1600mhz ram. I am very satisfied with the new components, they work brilliantly.

As for your other questions. No Nvidia is not better than ATi and no ATI is not better than Nvidia. They are companies that make graphics cards and sometimes one of them has a superior product on the market and sometimes the other. ATM ATI has the upper hand with the 5xxx series cards.

Same with Intel vs AMD. Intel is currently the speed king but AMD is kicking back with some amazing price/performance products.

So to sum up, if you're not on a tighter budget go with Intel, otherwise go with AMD. As for the graphics card go with ATI as i can't  recommend anything else than the 5xxx series right now.

Asus, MSI or Biostar ? All of them make good mobos, currently MSI is getting some very good praises from the hardware enthusiast crowd so they are definitely recommended. Asus is Asus and they are not the nr.1 seller of mobos for no reason, personally i prefer Asus mobos to anything else but it's just a personal preference, like i said MSI mobos right now are also very very good. Biostar is decent but the other two i think are just a little better.

GhOstMaStEr

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 01:39:49 PM »
At the moment ATI is offering some pretty amazing feature rich products at a good price. The 5xxx series simply rocks. I bought myself a 5770 Radeon and i am very very satisfied with the card. The IQ is great as always with ATI, the performance is quite good and best of all the card is very quiet and power efficient. Of course the 58xx series is even better(faster) but it all depends on your budget, for my budget the 5770 was the right choice. I also bought a new mobo, ram and cpu, this time i completely ditched Intel and went with a Phenom II. Again AMD offered great price/performance so i went with that instead of i5 which btw is also a very good choice. The thing that really got me to switch to AMD was not only the price of the cpu but the prices of those mobos. I am planning to run CrossfireX with 2x 5770's and amd mobos with good Crossfire support(talking dual 8x8 slots, Intel p55 are usually 16x4 except the more premium ones) are cheaper than the Intel equivalents. So i got myself a Phenom II x4 965be with a nice Crossfire Asus mobo(amd 790 + sb 750 chipset) and 4gb's of fast ddr3 1600mhz ram. I am very satisfied with the new components, they work brilliantly.

As for your other questions. No Nvidia is not better than ATi and no ATI is not better than Nvidia. They are companies that make graphics cards and sometimes one of them has a superior product on the market and sometimes the other. ATM ATI has the upper hand with the 5xxx series cards.

Same with Intel vs AMD. Intel is currently the speed king but AMD is kicking back with some amazing price/performance products.

So to sum up, if you're not on a tighter budget go with Intel, otherwise go with AMD. As for the graphics card go with ATI as i can't  recommend anything else than the 5xxx series right now.

Asus, MSI or Biostar ? All of them make good mobos, currently MSI is getting some very good praises from the hardware enthusiast crowd so they are definitely recommended. Asus is Asus and they are not the nr.1 seller of mobos for no reason, personally i prefer Asus mobos to anything else but it's just a personal preference, like i said MSI mobos right now are also very very good. Biostar is decent but the other two i think are just a little better.
What a nice build.. U must be very rich.. :P
ATI is releasing it product recently. I guess Nvidia will respond and release some nice product too to match ATI.. (hope so)

About the match between CPU with GPU, is there any diffrent between AMD + ATI or AMD + Nvidia?
Because i hear from local PC shop that AMD is better run with ATI and Intel is better run together with Nvidia.

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 08:15:57 AM »
What a nice build.. U must be very rich..
ATI is releasing it product recently. I guess Nvidia will respond and release some nice product too to match ATI.. (hope so)

No not rich at all, just in need of an upgrade. :) Yes they will respond but it'll be next year and personally i couldn't wait that long.

About the match between CPU with GPU, is there any diffrent between AMD + ATI or AMD + Nvidia?
Because i hear from local PC shop that AMD is better run with ATI and Intel is better run together with Nvidia.

No that is BS. It doesn't really matter with what cpu you pair them up with as long as it's fast enough that it doesn't hold them back.

BTW what is your budget for the build ?