Author Topic: Avast freezes my outlook  (Read 3046 times)

pebbles

Avast freezes my outlook
« on: June 15, 2004, 11:04:52 PM »
Had to update some settings from my ISP which had nothing to do with my email or avast.  Now when I open outlook it freezes.  I stop and turn off avast and get open it no problem.  I've uninstalled and redownloaded it still freezes....any ideas? thanks

OK it says when I open the on access scanner that the provider is waiting for a subsystem to start.  What does that mean?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 11:15:01 PM by pebbles »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Avast freezes my outlook
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 01:04:31 AM »
Had to update some settings from my ISP which had nothing to do with my email or avast.  Now when I open outlook it freezes.  I stop and turn off avast and get open it no problem.  I've uninstalled and redownloaded it still freezes....any ideas? thanks

OK it says when I open the on access scanner that the provider is waiting for a subsystem to start.  What does that mean?

If you go to Help menu of Outlook, choose About, are avast listed into the disabled plugins?
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Avast freezes my outlook
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 09:45:29 AM »
Do you use Outlook or Outlook Express? What provider says it's waiting for the subsystem to start? (If you use Outlook Express, protected by the Internet Mail provider, and the Outlook/Exchange provider says it's waiting for a subsystem to start, it's perfectly normal - it simply means you don't have the (full) Outlook running.