Author Topic: Avast Free - safe for banking/shopping or not please?  (Read 20903 times)

cod head

Re: Avast Free - safe for banking/shopping or not please?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 01:00:45 PM »
But ardvark uses Avast.Its like saying that as I am using MBAM as well that I am loyal disloyal to Avast.Or if I use A Squared as a on demand scanner then am I disloyal to Avast.This is a Avast forum and ardvark uses Avast.If another program he uses comes from elsewhere then so what.

ardvark

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 06:42:30 PM »
But ardvark uses Avast.

Hi Cod...

Actually, to be honest, I don't use avast currently although I have used version 4.6 and 4.8 in the past and have installed it for others. I do appreciate the more comprehensive features that avast free offers and, if I remember correctly, tried it with my newer (Windows Vista x64) laptop, however, I didn't like the feel of its operation and chose Avira instead.

You are right that I was in no way trying to promote AVG antivirus, just that I found one standalone component, ID Protection, helpful. :)

God bless :)

sams_mum

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 12:59:20 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied. I only used https anyway so gives me some comfort that things are relatively safe but am going to add some malware and stuff to bolster things up bit. Cheers guys.  :D

cod head

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 02:12:42 PM »
Hi ardvark,as you spend most of the time here trying to help others and are not promoting another A.V,I see no harm.