we have just released a new program update to avast 5 (version number 5.0.418). You can go to this update from previous v5 builds by invoking the program update feature from within the avast GUI. Alternatively, you can download a full installer from our website (http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download#tab4
) -- please note that the partner sites, such as download.com, may take a day or two to get updated.
Change log (incomplete list):
- stability improvements in the Behavior Shield
- improved compatibility with MBAM Pro (Windows XP)
- improvements in the rootkit scanner
- solved a vulnerability in AavmKer4.sys (Windows 2000/XP only) - special thanks to Tobias Klein
- ProAV + IS: solved a problem with Acrobat hanging when opening pdf files directly from IE
- firewall: low-level packet rules are back in the Expert settings
- improvements in the licensing engine
- new languages: Traditional Chinese, Swedish, Korean, Bulgarian, Hungarian. This makes the current number of supported languages 16
All users of the previous v5 builds are recommended to upgrade.