Author Topic: Avast service will not start.  (Read 4626 times)

Offline sparrownightmare

• Personal Message (Offline)
Avast service will not start.
« on: March 10, 2010, 01:44:39 PM »
Hi.  Last night my machine did an automatic update of Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit.  When I got up this morning, I had to log in and restart all of my applications.  My first indication that there was a problem was when Outlook stopped functioning.  That was easily fixed, however I noticed that Avast was giving me an error icon and said I was unsecured.  I tried a system restore to before the update, nothing helps.  I cannot start the service manually either.  Is anyone else having this issue.  I really hate the thought of having to reinstall Avast AGAIN...

Offline chez.forwood

Re: Avast service will not start.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 12:03:19 AM »
Hi.  Last night my machine did an automatic update of Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit.  When I got up this morning, I had to log in and restart all of my applications.  My first indication that there was a problem was when Outlook stopped functioning.  That was easily fixed, however I noticed that Avast was giving me an error icon and said I was unsecured.  I tried a system restore to before the update, nothing helps.  I cannot start the service manually either.  Is anyone else having this issue.  I really hate the thought of having to reinstall Avast AGAIN...

I am having the same trouble. I downloaded the free anti-virus from C-Net, and once installed, it will not start. Can not do anything. Just will not start and now my pc is unprotected. Never seen such a thing with avast before

Offline diva69x

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 12:09:04 AM »
Im having the same problem.  Does anyone have a contact number>

Offline ajontheweb

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 10:48:29 AM »
having the same problem here too

Online Tech

• avast! team
  • Certainly Bot
    • Personal Message (Online)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 12:01:08 PM »
The best things in life are free.

Offline bobo1

• Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 12:08:32 PM »
Avast 5 does not like a system restore job when you throw back the computer. Try add and remove programs and select avast and try repair option. if it fails. I had to use the Avast removal tool and then use CrapCleaner program to get rid of junk files & do registry clean up with it & re-install avast from scratch to get it working correctly. IMPORTANT Is your time & date correct on your PC?
IBM T41 INTEL CENTRINO 1.6GHZ  3. XP SP3. 1000 MB RAM. 80GB HARD DRIVE. AVAST 9. MALWAREBYTES FREE.
NEW TEST RIG FUJITSU (SCALEO) 2.8GHZ 3000MB RAM DVI HD OUT SVGA PENT 4 AVAST 9. GAMING RIG

Google Chrome

AVAST recommends using the FREE Google Chrome™ browser.

Download Google Chrome Now