Author Topic: Cannot login to ADMN  (Read 3313 times)

whitjl143

Cannot login to ADMN
« on: May 24, 2010, 08:03:03 PM »
When I restart the server, an error occurs.  The event log says "License for the product AV_NETC is expired. Program cannot continue."  I have checked my license and it says that it is active until 10/2011 (since I bought a 2 year license in 10/2009).  What should I do from here?  All my client machines are saying that the virus database is out of date now. 

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: Cannot login to ADMN
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 08:19:54 PM »
You can try a restart of the server, since your license has been working for some time.

If not, make sure that the license.dat file is correctly located in C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Management Tools\Data or wherever you installed avast (mine is on the d:).

You could always try to reload the license file that was sent to you in the original email, and make sure it gets copied to the correct directory.

I've had problems with Server 2008, where I'd tell it to copy the file after loading the file, but it never did, nor did it tell me there was a problem.

It seems that UAC in 2008 prevents the copying of the file, and you must do it manually.  Then restart the Avast Management Service once that is done.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum