Author Topic: *** INTRODUCING: New pre-release build of avast [NOW 5.0.673] ***  (Read 142664 times)

Hermite15

Re: *** INTRODUCING: New pre-release build of avast [NOW 5.0.661] ***
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2010, 09:12:42 PM »
I hardly use sandboxing, the reason why I said "suddenly" is because I re-found out about it in version 661, didn't try for quite a while before that.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2010, 01:53:31 AM »
Question about the Sandbox Expert Settings -- Can I get more details as to what the "Store files in special storage in the sandbox (content will not be automatically deleted)."

Is there *any* disadvantage to unchecking this box (it's checked by default).  -- I'm wondering because I wonder what happens after months of usage and files not getting deleted.

This option is described in help (btw, is it easy to understand? thanks). For now it's intended for web browsers only - if you execute a web browser (IE/Opera/FF/...), the files/registry are virtualized into a separate sandbox and its contents isn't deleted when this application terminates itself. When you run web browser next time, web browsers use contents which is already present in the sandbox (because it's already "built"). This option speeds up web browsers startup. There's a UI button to force sandbox cleanup, but I'm going to integrate auto-cleanup feature into UI (e.g. cleanup after XX days, notifications or something of this sort).

@Logos: bug with flash players should be already fixed now (I think there was a problem with x64 registry virtualization component). If build 661 didn't help, please write me which browser you're using + example web url.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2010, 02:13:05 AM »
Petr,

Logos is using the 661 build.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »
Just joined to 661 testing on Win7. So far no problems.

Hermite15

« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2010, 11:35:46 AM »
@Logos: bug with flash players should be already fixed now (I think there was a problem with x64 registry virtualization component). If build 661 didn't help, please write me which browser you're using + example web url.

okay I don't know what to say, I just checked again and it works now. It just didn't work at all with any site featuring flash videos, using the latest 661 build, and now it does ??? someone else in this thread was saying the same and I didn't believe him, but that's true, after a while, it starts to work ;D

ps: when it didn't work, that was with Firefox and Chrome using flash, but Chrome using the built-in flash always worked.

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2010, 08:22:32 AM »
Hi All,

After i tried to ran 661, there was a problem that i met :

1. My machine become slower than usual
2. I didn't able to connected my internet through my ethernet card on my notebook and i am not sure whether this happened caused by trojan which delete my driver or by avast 5.0.661. So i totally format my operating system and re-installer my operating system again

And after i back to 5.0.594 everything goes to be normal again.

cheers,
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

Jack 1000

« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2010, 01:23:58 PM »
Please address an issue in the current version of 5.0.594.  I recently downloaded some optional MS Windows Updates on Windows XP (SP-3) and Avast is slower to become active on bootup, although system boot-time remains fast.  Additionally, the Windows XP firewall takes about 30 seconds longer to kick in. (I get the warning message about no Firewall turned on.)  The same with Avast to become active.  I also run a Wireless Home Network with a Netgear Router and a Linksys Network adapter.

Jack

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2010, 02:16:59 PM »
Please address an issue in the current version of 5.0.594.  I recently downloaded some optional MS Windows Updates on Windows XP (SP-3) and Avast is slower to become active on bootup, although system boot-time remains fast.  Additionally, the Windows XP firewall takes about 30 seconds longer to kick in. (I get the warning message about no Firewall turned on.)  The same with Avast to become active.  I also run a Wireless Home Network with a Netgear Router and a Linksys Network adapter.

Jack
Jack 1000 please start a new thread for your issue's as this this thread is for comment's about the new pre release 5.0.661.

Hermite15

« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2010, 03:36:28 PM »
Please address an issue in the current version of 5.0.594.  I recently downloaded some optional MS Windows Updates on Windows XP (SP-3) and Avast is slower to become active on bootup, although system boot-time remains fast.  Additionally, the Windows XP firewall takes about 30 seconds longer to kick in. (I get the warning message about no Firewall turned on.)  The same with Avast to become active.  I also run a Wireless Home Network with a Netgear Router and a Linksys Network adapter.

Jack
Jack 1000 please start a new thread for your issue's as this this thread is for comment's about the new pre release 5.0.661.

yeah I thought that too but at the same time, if he expects his issue to be solved, it's not a bad idea to post it in the pre-release thread, that gives it more chances to be fixed before the next build is officially out ;)...but he should also check 661 to make sure that it's not...already...fixed ;D

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2010, 04:43:28 PM »
Iv been monitoring the 5.0.661 release for the last few day's now and there seem's to be a small problem with avastSvc.exe memory usage  gradually increasing. 5.0.594 used to sit on around 4 to 5000k but this version creep's up to around 12000k and has my ram sitting around 40 to 50% where it is normaly around 25 to 27%. Does anybody else notice this ?

colinlw

« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2010, 04:49:43 PM »
Hmmm, well i purchased avast pro for two years, but i cannot use sandbox with either firefox or chrome because of the flash player issue. I am using the latest build 661. The web site that causes me lots of grief is www.t3.com. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and even can ask to install flash player plugin with firefox. But when it does go wrong my mouse pointer even goes strange, it sort of twitches between normal and busy very fast, and quite often i have to ctrl alt del out of firefox. So for now i can't use sandbox. I'm using windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

Nesivos

« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2010, 04:51:10 PM »
Iv been monitoring the 5.0.661 release for the last few day's now and there seem's to be a small problem with avastSvc.exe memory usage  gradually increasing. 5.0.594 used to sit on around 4 to 5000k but this version creep's up to around 12000k and has my ram sitting around 40 to 50% where it is normaly around 25 to 27%. Does anybody else notice this ?

Yes

As a result I am no longer using the Virtualization feature on 661.

Nesivos

« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2010, 04:53:52 PM »
Hmmm, well i purchased avast pro for two years, but i cannot use sandbox with either firefox or chrome because of the flash player issue. I am using the latest build 661. The web site that causes me lots of grief is www.t3.com. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and even can ask to install flash player plugin with firefox. But when it does go wrong my mouse pointer even goes strange, it sort of twitches between normal and busy very fast, and quite often i have to ctrl alt del out of firefox. So for now i can't use sandbox. I'm using windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

I have also experienced this issue with Firefox 4.0b4 on my W7 HP 64 bit computer.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2010, 04:59:22 PM »

Yes

As a result I am no longer using the Virtualization feature on 661.

Im using the free version and as such it hasn't got virtualization.

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2010, 05:00:26 PM »

I noticed some slowdown / unstableness on my new Win7 32bit PC. I have to reboot Win7 PC at least twice a day :-\

On my other laptop (Vista 32bit) I didn't notice any slowdown / unstableness.

But I don't know it is caused by avast! or other software (ex. CIS4 ?).
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。