Author Topic: Convert existing standalone avast! Pro installations to ADNM managed?  (Read 3848 times)

wtaillac

Forgive me if this is answered somewhere else; I scrolled through the first couple pages and didn't see anything, and my searching has come up pretty empty.

I've got a client that, over the years, has grown from a mere 10 licenses of avast! Pro with 1 server to 50 workstation licenses and 3 servers. Well, their renewal just came up and so we renewed them for the 50 licenses. Unfortunately, their management of these licenses hasn't grown up like their license count is, so now I'm looking at trekking over and installing 50 licenses, by hand, on each workstation.

ADNM is my solution, I'm sure. I'm simply wondering if ADNM can take an existing workstation installation of avast Pro and put it into managed mode? Or do I need to uninstall the standalone avast Pro first before deploying the ADNM managed edition on the workstations?

Thank you very much for any assistance!

wpn

Re: Convert existing standalone avast! Pro installations to ADNM managed?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 06:36:00 PM »
yes you can deploy the adnm client over the pro installation, it should work

Jan Nabelek

Re: Convert existing standalone avast! Pro installations to ADNM managed?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 11:34:26 PM »
ADNM is my solution, I'm sure. I'm simply wondering if ADNM can take an existing workstation installation of avast Pro and put it into managed mode?
Unfortunately no...
Quote from: wtaillac
Or do I need to uninstall the standalone avast Pro first before deploying the ADNM managed edition on the workstations?
You have to reinstall all ADNM clients, either from management console via installation task either via Group policy. Only in case of failure installation task you have to use aswcleaner utility (I suppose you have AVAST 4, I'm not sure if ADNM is able reinstall Avast from 5 to 4.8 Managed client)
You need only one, but new licence.dat file for licensing in ADNM. Ask support for this file, you can change Avast free of charge.