Author Topic: deployed netserver edition pc not showing in dynamic computer group ..with agent  (Read 5254 times)

apaseall

trialing avast using adnm for all deployments.

adnm, msde database are located on my win2k3 server responsible for nat to local network.

have deployed a netclient and a netserver successfuly.

netclient appears in computers with agent.
netserver does not appear in computers with agent.

any thoughts why this might be ?

Jan Nabelek

How did you define dynamic group? Netserver starts communication with AMS after deployment?

apaseall

hi,
i did not define the dynamic group. i am refering to the 'built in' dynamic group called dynamic computer groups, computers with agent.

so far i have installed;
1 adnm console on win2k3 server A
2 netserver on win2k3 server A
3 netclient on winXP workstation.

so far i have;
1 winXP netclient showing up in the computer catalog
2 winXP netclient showing up in the dynamic computers group, computers with agent
3 win2K3 server showing up in the computer catalog [grey]
4 win2K3 server showing up in the dynamic computers group, computers with without agent [grey]

apaseall

looks like the install was failing without error.
so no error during the install but showing as not installed hence the grey.

session status
status: failed (access is denied) -- please check Remote Install log for details.

in remote install log i find
zzzz: WNetAddConnection2 \\zzzz\C$ palantiri\ABC error 1219 (Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again)

i guess that is where it is failing.

So now for the rub. i have used user ABC to install succesfully netclient on another machine. therefore there were enough rights to do so associated with that user. the user is basically a super admin, with rights to everything. so not likely to be a user account error.

i am trying to install netserver onto the same machine that is running adnm console.

going to try using the same user account to login to win2k3 and deploy the netserver install.

Jan Nabelek

i did not define the dynamic group. i am referring to the 'built in' dynamic group called dynamic computer groups, computers with agent
What about your own dynamic group with condition Avast netserver installed = 1???
Read manual if you have appropriate ports open. See in SCW on your server, if that ports are not blocked