Author Topic: WTF broken packets are back  (Read 1976 times)

PAL10

WTF broken packets are back
« on: February 01, 2011, 07:35:34 PM »
        OK when Avast 5 first came out I had nothing but problems with it. Kept crashing my win 7 64 bit system at updates.....could not fix.....kept getting a ( broken packets warning ) had to un-install then re-install. I gave up and went back to ver. 4.8. was trouble free till it ran out. I was going to use another company when a close friend talked me back into Avast 5. He said problems were solved and it worked great. He was right..... :) it worked great for 2 or so months....now today at boot up Avast went to update and computer locked up. Rebooted and same old problem....would not update packets broken......could not update program....packets broken.....could not fix in un-install....packets broken. Had to un-install and re-install to get it back up and running. WTF are we back where we started last January ?

PAL10

Re: WTF broken packets are back
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:17:45 AM »
     I see a new ver. Avast 6 is being worked on.......I really hope they address some of these problems so we can get back to depending on it like we did with ver. 4.8. This ver. 5 is like working with something fron the Win. 95 area..   ;D