Author Topic: who deleted my post?  (Read 11570 times)

jaronze

who deleted my post?
« on: April 10, 2011, 12:31:45 PM »
I just wonder why my post was deleted it was post that help improve avast vote ratings in different websites. Its not a spam nor a troll post why was it deleted nor did it contain any derogatory words?  ??? no one sent me an explanation about it nor sent me a message on my email. sorry for this post I cannot see any admin online status that I could send a pm.

Hermite15

Re: who deleted my post?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 12:36:16 PM »
no idea... don't know what your post was saying exactly...

jaronze

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 12:42:07 PM »
Thread title was Best PC Antivirus @ all-rankings.com it was a thread meant to promote avast vote rankings in different websites..

spg SCOTT

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 12:42:22 PM »
I saw it, I think. It contained a link to vote for avast on something IIRC.

I imagine there were a few factors, but one of the main ones would be:

A new user, with his first post containing links throws up flags...could be a reason...

jaronze

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 12:46:29 PM »

A new user, with his first post containing links throws up flags...could be a reason...

Can I create a new thread about it with a new title for a clearer reason? Or is it really not allowed?

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »

Can I create a new thread about it with a new title for a clearer reason? Or is it really not allowed?

I would suggest you'd wait a bit lol ;D getting used to the forums and be involved should be a priority for a new member, not starting a poll or posting links to charts etc... ::)

jaronze

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 12:58:48 PM »

I would suggest you'd wait a bit lol ;D getting used to the forums and be involved should be a priority for a new member, not starting a poll or posting links to charts etc... ::)

hhmm.. I do feel inconvenient with it if that is their forum rule here. Most forums lets us post links and poll as long as it is not non-sense nor not related in any way. how many post do I need before I can post links?  ???
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:00:51 PM by jaronze »

Hermite15

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 01:01:56 PM »
why did you register here? you need help on your Avast setup? or you need to troll and advertise a site rating AVs, ie a site nobody cares about ::)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 01:04:16 PM »
hhmm.. I do feel inconvenient with it if that is their forum rule here. Most forums lets us post links and poll as long as it is not non-sense nor not related in any way. how many post do I need before I can post links?  ???

There is no rule that prevents you from posting links.
As long as it's not spam, a link to a malware site or illegal stuff.
Can't say anything to your deleted post, as I didn't see it.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

jaronze

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 01:13:14 PM »
why did you register here? you need help on your Avast setup? or you need to troll and advertise a site rating AVs, ie a site nobody cares about ::)

I registered because I want to be updated about anything related to avast and I want to help promote avast in my own way nothing more nothing less. I have been using avast for 2 years now and I certainly do not need any setup help since its easy anyone can do it with sufficient computer knowledge.

Hermite15

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 01:18:25 PM »

I registered because I want to be updated about anything related to avast and I want to help promote avast in my own way nothing more nothing less. I have been using avast for 2 years now and I certainly do not need any setup help since its easy anyone can do it with sufficient computer knowledge.

I haven't seen your deleted post... but I can imagine it, there are quite a few like that posted regularly. Not sure about your knowledge  ;D but such posts don't help anyone, neither Avast, nor the users.

jaronze

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 01:23:53 PM »

I haven't seen your deleted post... but I can imagine it, there are quite a few like that posted regularly. Not sure about your knowledge  ;D but such posts don't help anyone, neither Avast, nor the users.

Not sure about my knowledge? why would you say that? You do not even know who I am lol! It does not help? I doubt that! many big companies pays more on advertising than the actual production of their products you know why because its in advertising that people are conditioned to be familiar to a product that they can easily remember and distinguish between other products..Same as software marketing..
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:27:06 PM by jaronze »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 01:46:38 PM »
...many big companies pays more on advertising than the actual production of their products you know why because its in advertising that people are conditioned to be familiar to a product that they can easily remember and distinguish between other products..Same as software marketing..

https://blog.avast.com/2011/01/21/no-advertising-just-recommendations/

Our advertising is our product:   avast! Free Antivirus.  We believe people will use it, like it and tell their friends about it.     It‘s great because it works indeed.    Ongoing, 67% of all avast! users claim they use the product because it was recommended to them by their friends.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 02:02:03 PM »

You guessed it  ;D exactly why i reported it as it did look suspicious with the OP only having one post and very little info on the subject that was posted with clickable link's, sure looked like spam to me  ???

Hermite15

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 02:04:32 PM »

You guessed it  ;D exactly why i reported it as it did look suspicious with the OP only having one post and very little info on the subject that was posted with clickable link's, sure looked like spam to me  ???

you did well ;)... I would have done the same.