Author Topic: ghdrive32.exe  (Read 3779 times)

Whooo

ghdrive32.exe
« on: April 17, 2011, 07:17:57 AM »
Sorry used Google Translate!)
Hello!
When you run the Windows SP3, the task manager process appears ghdrive32.exe!
Located at C: \ windows in stealth mode! As a result, the Internet is blocked ...
Avast 6 Free scan finds nothing ...
After completion of the process by hand, the internet is working again!
Avast also often  blocking attacks new1.exe and new2.exe, defining them as Win32: IRCBot-DUB [Trj]!
Tell me why Avast can not find the virus?

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
Re: ghdrive32.exe
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 07:27:59 AM »
No antivirus can detect Everything.

You can layer your computer's protection with Malwarebytes http://malwarebytes.org/
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

SafeSurf

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 09:20:18 AM »
Whooo,

1. Have you updated Avast and run a Quick scan?  No infection?  Everything is OK?

2. Can you download and install free MBAM (Malwarebytes), and run a scan http://malwarebytes.org/ (the blue button) to check for malware on your machine to make sure you are clean (no viruses). 
- Make sure you UPDATE MBAM first.
- Click the “remove selected” button to quarantine anything found.  You will find the infection details under the Quarantine tab.
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy & Paste the entire MBAM log report in your next reply.

Keeping MBAM on hand as a back up tool to use with Avast is a good idea.

If another language is easier for you, please let us know and we can help you with a translator or have you go to the International forum site; let us know what your native language is.  But you are doing very well so far with your English. :)

Let us know if you have any questions.  Thank you.

Whooo

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 06:22:54 PM »
Well, I live in Russia))
Unfortunately I have not read your message before deleting it!
I deleted it manually from your Windows! It Helped! And then I used Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware! She found a few viruses! After removing them everything was fine:)!
  Thank you!

SafeSurf

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 09:53:54 AM »
I would update MBAM again and run another scan to make sure you are clean.  If an infection comes up, put it into quarantine this time (do not delete).

Next, make sure Avast is updated, and run a Quick scan, then a Boot-time scan.  If any infection comes up, put it into the Virus Chest.

Please report back your findings and how your machine is running.  Thank you.  :)

Whooo

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 10:53:29 AM »
Nothing found:)

argus

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 12:03:48 PM »
Do you still have the same problem?

Whooo

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 07:37:04 PM »
No

SafeSurf

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 10:04:28 AM »
This is good news.  :)

Keep your Avast definitions updated.  Run a Quick scan and a Boot scan to be sure.  If all is clean, you can really smile.

If you feel that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you.