Author Topic: avast ui control window: avastnet.exe - application error  (Read 32780 times)

Avitom

Re: avast ui control window: avastnet.exe - application error
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 08:26:53 AM »
Yes edj.

Customers like me, loose the faith.

With the long time to update v4.8 and the long time to solve errors, we won't renew the license of Avast.

hjelcock

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 09:26:58 AM »
Hello im from Holland,

I was always a big fan of Avast! and always promoting this product. Now this company always used the business protection of Symantec but has switched to Avast! Business protection. 1 server and 7 workstations. But now all the computers give avastnet.exe error. The company is calling us to fixit, but i don't know where to search for the solution!! This is horrible because the client is now thinking why the have listened to US.

Avast!!!! Pleaseeeeee come with an update ASAP!!!!!!!

hjelcock

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 09:42:09 AM »
I've temporarily fixed it by going to Start > Run > services.msc search for the avast! Net Client Service and stop the service and disable from starting.

What is this part of the program doing anyway???

Is it okay to leave it disabled????

greetings

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 09:50:19 AM »
I've temporarily fixed it by going to Start > Run > services.msc search for the avast! Net Client Service and stop the service and disable from starting.

What is this part of the program doing anyway???

Is it okay to leave it disabled????

greetings

No, avast! Net Client Service it need to communicate with the BP console (to gets updates and policy) but you can leave temporally disabled if you solve the problem.
What version are you running on this client, is the 6.0.1253?
Maybe is not the cause, but you have completely removed the previus antivirus with the uninstall tool? Have you install on this client other security programs?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:54:27 AM by giogio »
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Massive Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 12:14:35 PM »
The update 1.1 of avast! Business Protection is planned for tomorrow.  ;)

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 12:28:43 PM »
The update 1.1 of avast! Business Protection is planned for tomorrow.  ;)

Great news! Thank Edj
Hoping this update will solve the problems of these users... ;)
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Massive Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 12:36:19 PM »
List of changes and improvements:
• The Administration Console is now accessible to visually impaired users.
• Many UI improvements have been made across the whole Administration Console with the focus on large computer network management.
• The whole system installs itself in just minutes on modern hardware.
• The newly implemented messages keep the user informed about important events on the network.
• The Administration Console offers the option to restart a computer on which avast! is being remotely installed.
• The Administration Console supports boot-time scan scheduling on the client.
• The user is now able to perform custom installation of the client with manual selection/de-selection of components (i.e. shields).
• The ability to use a custom MS SQL database (including remote databases) has been dramatically improved.
• Many installation related issues have been solved.
• The user is now informed about new program updates of the Administration Console.
• Among other languages, the Administration Console now offers Traditional Chinese.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 12:39:06 PM »
• Many UI improvements have been made across the whole Administration Console with the focus on large computer network management.
• The newly implemented messages keep the user informed about important events on the network.
• The Administration Console offers the option to restart a computer on which avast! is being remotely installed.
• The user is now able to perform custom installation of the client with manual selection/de-selection of components (i.e. shields).
• The ability to use a custom MS SQL database (including remote databases) has been dramatically improved.
• The user is now informed about new program updates of the Administration Console.
• Among other languages, the Administration Console now offers Traditional Chinese.

Nice info. Thanks..! :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 12:46:52 PM »

Its seems that avast team did a lot of work.. I can't wait anymore...I want to test immediatly! ;)
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

Avitom

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 03:37:49 PM »
Wow  :o , only twenty days to get a fix!!!!!!

This is really fast!!!!!!

I think that it is a lot of time to be bussiness support.

Offline petr.chytil

• Quality Assurance Director
  • Avast team
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 12:48:26 AM »
I am sorry, that it took so long to deliver the fix to you. We wanted to finish the SBC 1.1 as soon as possible and the fix was part of the client program update, which was released alongside with the server side. This complicated things a bit, because such large update of a business product needed significant amount of testing. However, I hope, that you will like new features of SBC 1.1 as much as we do.

beezle

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 03:40:43 PM »
Is this avastnet.exe error fixed?  I am running an up to date BP 6.0.1289 as of Oct 12 and I am still getting this error.

Help please!

Offline petr.chytil

• Quality Assurance Director
  • Avast team
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
The latest version of the BP client is 6.0.1324. After running the "Update server definitions" job, you should have this version too. It should be visible both on Admin > Mirror page in the Administration console and on the Maintenance > About avast! page in the client UI. You could also try running the "Update program" action from the client if its version is different from the Mirror version.

Dispatch30

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 04:29:27 PM »

I am still receiving the pop up error

the exception unknown software exception (0xe06d7363) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812afb  ???

Need help please

Running Business Edition
Virus definitions versiion: 111012-0
Program Version: 6.0.1289

Thank you

beezle

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2011, 05:07:36 PM »
I entered my new BP license code into my existing Pro 5 install and it converted it to BP but when I try to update program it tells me that 6.0.1289 is latest version.

Ideas?