Author Topic: SBC options to control Sandbox - Autosandbox behaviour  (Read 7141 times)

stoffell

SBC options to control Sandbox - Autosandbox behaviour
« on: September 15, 2011, 08:11:17 AM »
Hi,

I don't see any option to control the (auto)sandbox behaviour in the SBC.

It would be nice to have this option in the SBC so we can centrally manage what is SandBox'ed or excluded from the sandbox scanner.

Or am I just missing it? ;) (that would be even nicer! ;D )

cheers,
Kristof

wimmme

Re: SBC options to control Sandbox - Autosandbox behaviour
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 01:58:50 PM »
look at the advanced configuration -> there you can enabled/disabled the autosandbox and add exclusions

stoffell

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 02:26:03 PM »
Right, my bad. I made a mistake in my original post, I didn't mean the SBC, I should have written the "Administration console".

I can change it in the SBC (and on the clients) but not centrally in the Admin Console.

So, the deployment of >50 clients is done but the Sandbox settings can only be made user-per-user it seems and not from the Administration Console. Or can they?

cheers

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 07:42:03 PM »
So, the deployment of >50 clients is done but the Sandbox settings can only be made user-per-user it seems and not from the Administration Console. Or can they?
cheers

I think is not customizable by the console, but only on the client  :-\
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

Offline lukas.hasik

• Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 10:12:16 AM »
Right, my bad. I made a mistake in my original post, I didn't mean the SBC, I should have written the "Administration console".

I can change it in the SBC (and on the clients) but not centrally in the Admin Console.

What do you mean by SBC and "Admin Console"? SBC stands for "Small Business Console" therefore it is the same thing. In SBC product are 3 components - SBC server (DB, avast! Administration Console service), SBC client (the managed avast! clients) and administration console (browser app).

If you clients are managed then it has no sense to change any "settings" directly on the client as it will be "re-written" with the settings from SBC server...

There are 3 options that change the Autosandbox behaviour - open "Expert Settings" at "Edit group settings" dialog in Console. (part after ## is a comment)

• AutoSandboxEnabled=1  ## 1=enabled, 0=disabled
  • AutoSandboxExcludedList=c:\jedna\neco.exe;d:\dva\neco.exe  ## list of excludes separated by ';'
  • AutoSandboxMode=1 ## 1=Auto , 0=Ask
Quality is also a feature.

stoffell

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 10:26:43 AM »
Excellent, that's what I was looking for!

Thank you very much for the detailed information.

cheers!
Kristof

LorenzMan

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 05:04:35 PM »
WHAT?!?! What's that?!

I want a console to manage my clients, not a sort of .INI file!!
Are these the improvements of features of the BP Console compared to the features of ADNM 4??

Are you kidding?!

Is the "Expert settings" button the only way to modify shields behaviour (all shileds)?!

L.

stoffell

[SOLVED] Re: SBC options to control Sandbox - Autosandbox behaviour
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 05:50:10 PM »
Dude, this was about the expert settings for AutoSandbox. The regular shields can be controlled throug the group settings. No ini file needed :)

cheers

LorenzMan

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 06:06:07 PM »
Ok, but where can I control group settings?
I can switch shields on and of but how can I congigure them?

On the business-protection-plus-administrators-guide.pdf there isn't nothing about shields granular configuration. There is something at page 32, but nothing more.

So, could you explane me how to configure shields inside group configuration?

Thanks.

L.

stoffell

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 07:32:10 PM »
Ok, so you want to configure what is called the "expert settings". You are right, there is no option for that in the shields menu.

Just like it's the expert settings in the avast! user interface it's also called the expert settings in the administration console.

I don't think there is a list of the settings right now but your best bet is to start a new thread and ask for specifics in there. (or look at the description in the user interface and the one in the business console expert settings menu, they are pretty similar mostly)

cheers

LorenzMan

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 08:14:38 PM »
Again... I pay licences to have a console, not to become mad searching for the right setting in a sort of INI file, without any reference manual!!!

I don't want to open any new thread for explanation or for features request. I paid for a console, I want a console with nothing less then the old version ADNM 4, or, I'll ask for my money back.

I don't know why users and clients pay something and after they accept to discuss on a forum asking for basic features thay always had in the past versions.

DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT BECAUSE IS NOT A MATURE PRODUCT!

That's my opinion, of course.

Regards.

L.

PS: That's my "new" thread: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=85000.msg689481#msg689481