Author Topic: New BETA 4.5.529 - hopefully solving many of the issues...?  (Read 14825 times)

atomizer

Re:New BETA 4.5.529 - hopefully solving many of the issues...?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2004, 01:52:25 PM »
Easy... See 'Seetings' on my signature.
SuppressUpdatedInfo=1
on section [AAVM]  ;)

i think i'm confusing people. especially me. i forgot that there are actually 2 notifications for updates; 1) the small, blue pop-up near the task bar that can tell you if an update is available.  that's no problem to deal with, as i use the auto-update setting for the virus database (so i don't see the pop-up). what i'm trying to disable is the larger window that confirms the update was installed that you have to click "OK" to close. i added the variable "SuppressUpdatedInfo=1" to the proper section of the ini a long time ago, but it didn't work. i don't think it's working now either, because if i manually update, via r-click avast tray icon, click ivas update, i still get the confirmation window. i assume that it will still pop-up after an auto-update as well. so, firstly, i just wanted to point out exactly which window i'm trying to hide and secondly, ask if "SuppressUpdatedInfo=1" affects the window i'm trying to hide.

thanks!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2004, 05:51:54 PM »
What i'm trying to disable is the larger window that confirms the update was installed that you have to click "OK" to close.

If you uncheck the option of the 'progress' on the installation into the update settings, won't it do it?

What about the value NeverShowInfo=0  ???
The best things in life are free.

atomizer

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2004, 12:31:35 AM »
If you uncheck the option of the 'progress' on the installation into the update settings, won't it do it?

What about the value NeverShowInfo=0  ???

re, your 1st idea, you lost me. can you provide info on where this setting is located?

re, your 2nd idea, "0" or "1" doesn't seem to work (for suppressing the ivas update dialog).

thanks for the info though!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2004, 12:52:50 AM »
Update (Basic)
Details
Uncheck 'Show update progress'
The best things in life are free.

atomizer

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2004, 01:11:21 AM »
ah, ok. for the iVAS update options, i already have "silent" selected and "show update progress" UNselected.

there was just another program update, so tommorow i'll restart and see what that holds.

thanks