Author Topic: Official Release of avast! Mobile Security  (Read 207376 times)

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
Re: Official Release of avast! Mobile Security
« Reply #210 on: August 16, 2013, 09:43:20 PM »
I wonder why Avast team don't publish here, on the forum, announcements about new AMS versions with the history of changes as they do it about Avast for Windows. The information that is published on Google Play is insufficient and contains no valuable information.
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #211 on: August 16, 2013, 10:19:30 PM »
Current release has been done by different people than usual, that's why there was no changelog here on the forum. Although the changelog here is usually the same as on Google Play since there is often no point in posting every line of code that has changed. If I think users on the forum should know more than on Google Play, I try to post it here when release is done. I didn't really keep track of the changes from 2->3 as there were too many so apart from the obvious, I can't tell you right now what has changed a top of that.

Filip

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #212 on: August 16, 2013, 11:01:54 PM »
Could you start with what's new in v3.0.6018 in comparison with 3.0.5994?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #213 on: August 16, 2013, 11:10:10 PM »
As far as I can remember right now, there were some fixes and changes in the purchase part of the app, a fix for a crash on AMS dashboard, a fix in avast! Account registration process and... probably one or two more fixes, but nothing gamechanging.

Filip

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2013, 12:03:54 AM »
As far as I can remember right now, there were some fixes and changes in the purchase part of the app, a fix for a crash on AMS dashboard, a fix in avast! Account registration process and... probably one or two more fixes, but nothing gamechanging.

Filip
Thank you but I'd like you to make a list of changes like it is done for Windows versions. Users at 4pda.ru often doesn't realize what they will see on their screens as soon as they download and install new versions, so sometimes they try to catch any gossip (for example, they were sure that AMS v3 will be completely paid). That's why I would like to supply them with the information from the first hands and to attract their attention to our forum here.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2013, 12:36:13 AM »
You mean like here? http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=132502

Well, that's not possible I'm afraid cause unlike the above mentioned topic, we got 1 day between the updates, you can't possibly expect we'll do anything big in that time frame. And I'm pretty sure Windows versions don't list all small bugfixes as well.

Filip

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2013, 01:00:32 AM »
No, I don't think that users need such a detailed list of changes. I would like to see a short list of fixes, improvements and so on. Have a look at the pinned topic in the German section: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=90820.0 I even envy Asyn that he has all the necessary information but I don't know where he is getting it from. I could have translated his posts into Russian but I don't speak German.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #217 on: August 17, 2013, 01:08:17 AM »
He only translates changes on Google Play / my posts here on the forum.

Filip

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2013, 01:20:58 AM »
Well, I opened https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.mobilesecurity&hl=ru&referrer=utm_source%3Dwww.avast.ru%26utm_medium%3Dlink%26utm_content%3Dfree-mobile-security%26utm_campaign%3DAMS and in the section "Что нового" (What's new) I can see only a list of general changes that have been made in v3.x and no information about changes in different builds. But Asyn, as you can see, has more detailed information about AMS builds.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2013, 01:59:34 AM »
What I see is:

Google Play:
+ New App Locking feature (Premium)
+ New Ad Detector feature in Privacy Advisor (Premium)
+ Dashboard redesign, plus additional interface changes to improve user experience
+ New features inside Anti-Theft (e.g. Geo-fencing, picture taking)
+ New Backup functionality
+ Bulgarian language added

Asyn:
- Neues App Locking Feature (Premium)
- Neues Ad Detector Feature im Privacy Advisor (Premium)
- Überarbeitetes Dashboard plus weitere Änderungen der Benutzeroberfläche zur Verbesserung der Nutzerführung
- Neue Features in Anti-Theft (z.B. Geo-fencing, Foto machen)
- Neue Backup Funktion
- Diverse Tweaks und Fehlerkorrekturen

He actually missed the Bulgarian translation. And if you are talking about Anti-Theft, the changelog is written inside the app I think. But I don't develop nor release that app so its changelog is not known to me.

Filip
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:29:21 AM by Filip Havlicek »

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2013, 02:18:45 AM »
Yes, the same list is in the Russian Google Play and it is valid for all builds of AMS v3 branch. But if you look at the next Asyn's message (and at all his messages there) you'll note that he publishes information on every build.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:20:17 AM by George Yves »

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #221 on: August 17, 2013, 08:36:48 AM »
Yes, because up to now, I published all that information in this thread. The only version I didn't publish here is first v3 (applies what is on Google Play right now) and the first update that came out yesterday, for which Asyn wrote "Various tweaks and bugfixes", which applies pretty much for every version we release.

Filip

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #222 on: August 17, 2013, 09:55:02 AM »
He actually missed the Bulgarian translation...

Thanks Filip, added it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:29:30 AM by Filip Havlicek »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #223 on: August 17, 2013, 09:58:31 AM »
Thanks Filip, added it.

No problem :) If you think what I'm saying here to George is incorrect, feel free to correct me!

Filip

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #224 on: August 17, 2013, 10:03:34 AM »
If you think what I'm saying here to George is incorrect, feel free to correct me!

Filip

No need to correct you. ;)

Have a good weekend,
Asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0