Author Topic: Official Release of avast! Mobile Security  (Read 207378 times)

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Official Release of avast! Mobile Security
« Reply #225 on: September 27, 2013, 08:46:17 AM »
Hi guys,

about 12 hours ago, we released an update of avast! Mobile Security, bringing it to version 3.0.6351. Changlog is following:

+ Avast Mobile Premium discount offer valid until 1st of October
+ Added Arabic localization
+ New context-relevant notifications (with the option to turn them off)
+ Various improvements and bug fixes

We worked most on the Arabic localization since we need to add support for RTL languages for that. We hope we did a decent job (I know there are still some issue, but hopefully with your feedback, we will be able to fix them) and actually the RTL support is for all our users beginning with Android version 2.1 so I hope that will make all our Arabic-speaking users happy :)

We also added the option to disable the advisory notifications some of you complained about after their introduction so if you don't want them, just go to Settings and disable them for good.

Note that the first line of changelog means there is now a time-limited discount on yearly licenses so you might want to check it out while it lasts.

Filip

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #226 on: October 02, 2013, 04:45:04 AM »
So every year the renewal will be at the reduced cost? If you signed up in time for the limited offer?
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #227 on: October 02, 2013, 07:39:21 AM »
Google says this:

"Price: When your subscription auto-renews, Google Wallet will charge you the initial rate you paid when you purchased the subscription."

So I guess so, yes.

Filip

Erebus

« Reply #228 on: October 02, 2013, 09:42:03 AM »
Hi guys,

we released an update of avast! Mobile Security

Thanks, Filip. Do you know if there are any plans to restore the GUI for better tablet appearance? I had mentioned elsewhere here that with the release of the version that included Premium options, the GUI for tablets seemed to get messed up a bit. In some instances, all you get is a small block of text in the top centre of the screen rather than resizing for the entire screen as is used to do.

Additionally, is it possible to have the Settings tab put back on the main menu rather than on the drop down or the slide-out menus please? This is of particular help on smaller phone screens for those of us with poor eyes and not so nimble fingers! :)  (I have not yet updated my phones for this reason in the hope it may go back to how it was soon - how it is on the version I currently have on my phones.)

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #229 on: October 02, 2013, 11:08:54 AM »
Hi,

I think you might speed up the process of tablet UI (being it restoration, fixing, redesign or whatever) by posting screenshots of specific things you don't like :)

I think I have heard something about the Settings, not sure now though.

Filip

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #230 on: October 02, 2013, 04:08:41 PM »
Google says this:

"Price: When your subscription auto-renews, Google Wallet will charge you the initial rate you paid when you purchased the subscription."

So I guess so, yes.

Filip

Very nice! :-) Even more pleased that you did not end the price deal dead on midnight. (I would of missed it otherwise so thanks!)
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Erebus

« Reply #231 on: October 02, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »
posting screenshots

OK, I will see if if I can do that. Of course, I can't show shots of what it used to be like because I updated before realising there had been major changes. :)

However, if the Settings option is being moved back to the main menu that will go a long way to making the app like it was.

The tablet GUI I can probably get used to, but you know what it's like when there's a great app you're used to and then it gets changed for no apparent reason, it takes a while to get comfortable with it again.  Was there a reason some of the the resizing for tablet screens was taken out in version 3?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 04:57:49 PM by Erebus »

aksingh500

« Reply #232 on: October 02, 2013, 06:30:56 PM »
2 apps free lock is not work whyyyyy

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #233 on: October 10, 2013, 12:43:59 PM »
Hi,

a new Mobile Security version 3.0.6426 has been published to Google Play.

Apart from some internal changes, the app should now run without a problem on Samsung devices affected by changes introduced in the previous version. If you still have any problems with the UI, let me know!

We also changed the behavior of the App Locking advisory notification a bit so I hope all those "it got locked by itself" problems will go away since now you are always taken into the App Locking UI instead of directly locking the app.

Filip

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #234 on: October 10, 2013, 01:00:35 PM »
Thanks Filip, spreading the news.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Klinker

« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2013, 02:04:59 PM »
Hi,

Filip:

We received the update icon on the notification bar this morning in the U.S. However, when accessing through Google Play there are the following problems:

1.) Version is listed as 3.0.6351, the one we are currently running not the updated version.
2.) Update is actually dated October 7th
3.) There are only "open" and "uninstall" option buttons with no "update" button.

Basically it appears we got the notification for an update, but the correct version hasn't been loaded to Google Play. Happening on all phones.

Thanks.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2013, 02:36:22 PM »
Hi,

it usually takes Google Play up to 4 hours to update around the world. I guess it should be OK in around 3 hours from now.

Filip

Erebus

« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2013, 08:36:26 AM »
Hi,

You had me all excited, but I see the Settings tab has not been put back on the main menu, and the GUI is still not optimised for tablets as much as it used to be in version 2, but the good news however is that it appears to run a lot smoother now and scans are faster again.

I've given up on the GUI for tablets issue, but is there any way of getting the Settings option back on the main Menu as it it used to be versions before 3?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2013, 10:10:14 AM »
Hi,

I have talked with the Project Manager now and we don't plan to return the Settings to dashboard at the moment, sorry.

Filip

Erebus

« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2013, 10:57:08 AM »
we don't plan to return the Settings to dashboard at the moment, sorry.

Filip

Wow!  I really don't understand that decision, or why it was even moved. I will keep the superior version 2 on my phones a little longer. I guess the developers have not yet developed poorer eyesight or arthritic fingers. Once again, older users are left out in the cold. ;) Thanks for letting us know, Filip. Much appreciated.