Author Topic: Suggestions for new features  (Read 10851 times)

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Suggestions for new features
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 08:38:47 PM »
- After an app is installed, I get a notification that the app is being scanned but there is no subsequent notification indicating if the app is safe or not. When AMS notifies me that it is scanning a new app, can it tell me (via an additional notification) that the app is safe (or not)?

AMS notifies you if the app is not safe (try one of the Eicar applications on the Android Market).

-When Web Shield is enabled, can AMS notify me of this when initially launching the default Android browser? That would provide a warm, fuzzy confirmation that my browsing is being monitored for risky sites.

We will think about this.

Nice product. Thank you.

Filip

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 03:52:52 PM »
- After an app is installed, I get a notification that the app is being scanned but there is no subsequent notification indicating if the app is safe or not. When AMS notifies me that it is scanning a new app, can it tell me (via an additional notification) that the app is safe (or not)?

AMS notifies you if the app is not safe (try one of the Eicar applications on the Android Market).

You are absolutely right.  I tried an EICAR test app and AMS does indeed let me know there is an issue when scanning that app.  I was suggesting that in the case of a safe app, AMS would also notify me that the app is safe.  It would feel more secure to be told the app was safe rather than interpreting no notification as an indication that the app is safe.  Maybe a toggleable option in case this isn't for everyone?

-When Web Shield is enabled, can AMS notify me of this when initially launching the default Android browser? That would provide a warm, fuzzy confirmation that my browsing is being monitored for risky sites.

We will think about this.

Cool.  I was thinking of a toast notification would be a nice touch.

Is there a test web site that can be visited to verify that the AMS Web Shield is working?

Thanks,

-Steve

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 06:45:39 PM »
You are absolutely right.  I tried an EICAR test app and AMS does indeed let me know there is an issue when scanning that app.  I was suggesting that in the case of a safe app, AMS would also notify me that the app is safe.  It would feel more secure to be told the app was safe rather than interpreting no notification as an indication that the app is safe.  Maybe a toggleable option in case this isn't for everyone?

Maybe, no promises. :)

Cool.  I was thinking of a toast notification would be a nice touch.

Is there a test web site that can be visited to verify that the AMS Web Shield is working?

Sure, it's http://web-shield-test.avast.com (hope I wrote it right).

Filip