Author Topic: Avast 7 Final Released  (Read 303827 times)

enigmista63

Re: Avast 7 Final Released
« Reply #210 on: February 24, 2012, 05:38:06 PM »
Hello I installed the final version of avast 7 found no problem on windows xp sp3, the only problem so if 'you can' call that when downloading from emule I purposely downloaded 2 files infected with avast scanned promptly and readily recognized as infected, but in the table of the protection in real time the voice p2p continues to tell 0/0
0 or scanned files / 0 infected files, but instead should tell me if I'm not mistaken scanned and infected files.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2012, 05:46:55 PM »
After the unsolicited upgrade from Avast! 6 to 7 this morning,

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=93866.msg748165#msg748165

it seems that File System Shield is stuck analyzing;

C:\Program files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPQSTE08.EXE

Every time I open File system shield HPQSTE08.EXE is the last file Avast! scanned. Also the amount of files scanned has tripled from yesterday. See screenshots.

I had that Yesterday but not for this file or level of activity on winpatrol.exe, as a temporary work around you can add that to the FSS exclusions (if you accept the limited risk).

It seems that the 'avast! transient cache' isn't working as it should scan once and ignore until the next VPS update or the file changing or reboot. Another possibility is obviously the VPS auto update, if that were experiencing a problem it may mean the transient cache thinks there has been a new update. This is speculation on my part, but theoretically possible.

However, that said it begs the question:
What is the C:\Program files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPQSTE08.EXE doing running as it is only activity on its part that would trigger a FSS scan ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »
the account page in Settings looks different a little.. in the beta wasn't the update minutes set to 5?  in the stable I notice it is set to 60 minutes.
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2012, 06:14:25 PM »
I think 5 minutes is far too frequent (server load) after all it is only passing you current status, 60 minutes is fine. Personally I may move that to 120.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

enigmista63

« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2012, 06:18:49 PM »
Hello function FILEREP allagrande just tried it with the infected file placed online for 16.34.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2012, 06:45:51 PM »
I think 5 minutes is far too frequent (server load) after all it is only passing you current status, 60 minutes is fine. Personally I may move that to 120.

I changed it from 5 to 60 pretty much instantly as well. 5 seems very often, and I am not sure if 60 is still to small a time.

iroc9555

« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2012, 06:46:27 PM »
@ DavidR

It seems that the 'avast! transient cache' isn't working as it should scan once and ignore until the next VPS update or the file changing or reboot. Another possibility is obviously the VPS auto update, if that were experiencing a problem it may mean the transient cache thinks there has been a new update. This is speculation on my part, but theoretically possible.

The moment I add the folder to exclusions or stop the process, in this case HPQSTE08.EXE, Avast! picks another, UPHclean.exe, and stick with it. If I stop UPHclean.exe, Avast! takes IAANTMON.EXE.  ::)

When Avast! installed this morning, maybe midday for you, vps was 120223-1, I tried to update manually but it says there were not new updates. A while ago I upgraded the vps to 120224-1 manually because 4 hours had passed an Avast! did not upgrade by itself.

I'll wait for another update see what happens. if not, I might install Avast! clean to get rid of any glitches.

Thank you DavidR

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #217 on: February 24, 2012, 06:46:51 PM »
+ 101% for the new GUI ;D

Avast 7 the best GUI ive ever seen for all the antivirus ive tested.

A huge applause for the new GUI. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Im very sure Avast new GUI will attract more people and this will increase avast users.

Im very happy ;)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:02:35 PM by -Genesis- »
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

Orangge

« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2012, 07:02:54 PM »
Hi

It is normal to disable the connection to the cloud ?

It indicates that the system is safe, all in green, reputation and streaming enabled but says no established connection.

regards.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:22:17 PM by Orangge »

Dch48

« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2012, 07:10:01 PM »
@Dch48

well the autosandbox works correctly....when the program is analyzed in sandbox and when it found as malware or not enough evidence it terminates the program in sandbox and eventually closes the sandbox so no damage to the system and asks u what action should be taken when next time excuted.
Like I said, to me that is not proper behavior and makes no sense. Even when I clicked on run sandboxed the next time, it did the same thing over again and terminated it.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »
@ DavidR

The moment I add the folder to exclusions or stop the process, in this case HPQSTE08.EXE, Avast! picks another, UPHclean.exe, and stick with it. If I stop UPHclean.exe, Avast! takes IAANTMON.EXE.  ::)

When Avast! installed this morning, maybe midday for you, vps was 120223-1, I tried to update manually but it says there were not new updates. A while ago I upgraded the vps to 120224-1 manually because 4 hours had passed an Avast! did not upgrade by itself.

I'll wait for another update see what happens. if not, I might install Avast! clean to get rid of any glitches.

Thank you DavidR

I have created a new topic related to this high activity count of the FSS, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94023.0.

There also seems to be another issue as I excluded a couple of these repetitively scanned files into the FSS exclusions but some continued to be scanned and I changed the path slightly to see it that would resolve it.

But for me the major issue is why the Transient cache isn't working, as a file should be scanned once and unless you reboot, have a VPS update or the file changes.

EDIT: typo
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:21:37 PM by DavidR »

tkt

« Reply #221 on: February 24, 2012, 07:48:57 PM »
i have two questions
1-is my.avast.com facing some problem????????????
2-avast! WebRep 6.0.1407 in chrome, is it not update in avast 7?????????
please answer

Gargamel360

« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2012, 07:59:13 PM »
Like I said, to me that is not proper behavior and makes no sense. Even when I clicked on run sandboxed the next time, it did the same thing over again and terminated it.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=93866.msg747953#msg747953

Sorry, but if you were using Ask mode as a cheap on-demand sandbox, that is over now. ;)

spg SCOTT

« Reply #223 on: February 24, 2012, 08:05:04 PM »
I consider this to be a bug that needs to be addressed. I was testing the auto-sandbox with the test file and it popped up asking me what to do since I have it set on ask. So far so good and just as it always has. Then when I told it to run in the sandbox, the other window popped up saying it was being analyzed. After a bit it said not enough evidence was found to consider it malware. Again , all well and good. Now here comes what I consider to be a bug. The analyzing window then closed but also terminated the sandbox test program so there was no way to actually test whether it could make any changes to the system or not. It does the same thing on every try. I don't think this is the proper behavior for the feature. It should not terminate the app that is running in the sandbox unless it was found to be malicious.

The "Ask" mode in AutoSandbox will actually be completely removed in the next update, as it lacks sense in the new v7 logic.
That is, in v7, the AutoSandbox is primarily an analysis tool.
We actually plan to even further watermark/transparentize all the UI elements of autosandboxed apps, to make it apparent that the app is being analyzed and it's not meant for "normal" use.

Vlk

That is unfortunate...

I preferred the use of the "Ask" mode, since I am a PortableApps user, nearly everything that I use from there gets sandboxed because it is on a flash drive (that seems to be the only thing really, since the same files running from the hard drive don't always show the same results) so having to run everything twice, just to allow it through the sandbox will be annoying to say the least.

I have a feeling I will be turning it off when this change happens...

Hermite15

« Reply #224 on: February 24, 2012, 08:09:22 PM »
I have a feeling I will be turning it off when this change happens...

... so will I I'm afraid ... I won't let the modules triggering auto-sandboxing decide on their own what should and what should not be virtualized.