Author Topic: Avast 7 Final Released  (Read 304002 times)

kissbaby

Re: Avast 7 Final Released
« Reply #480 on: February 29, 2012, 01:04:19 AM »
The "Ask" mode in AutoSandbox will actually be completely removed in the next update, as it lacks sense in the new v7 logic.
That is, in v7, the AutoSandbox is primarily an analysis tool.
We actually plan to even further watermark/transparentize all the UI elements of autosandboxed apps, to make it apparent that the app is being analyzed and it's not meant for "normal" use.

Vlk

Can I get some clarification on this point? Does this mean just the "Ask" option in AutoSandbox is going away, or also the ability to disable AutoSandbox?

I would hope we can still disable it.

god i hope we can still disable auto sandbox in the future , if we cant, then i will use another free A.V , why are you taking  choices away and forcing settings on us, and oh please make sure we can opt out of installing google chrome, if i cant set things how i want, i will move else where .

skay_baltimore

« Reply #481 on: February 29, 2012, 01:08:47 AM »
Geoffo, the account helps you to manage your avast installations, statistics and license validity.
I have the same question as Geoffo. How does setting up an account help me manage my installations, stats, and license validity? (I'm using avast 7 free version).

Hermite15

« Reply #482 on: February 29, 2012, 01:13:24 AM »
Geoffo, the account helps you to manage your avast installations, statistics and license validity.
I have the same question as Geoffo. How does setting up an account help me manage my installations, stats, and license validity? (I'm using avast 7 free version).

I'm wondering too to be honest  ;D can't see what it adds to the already available info in the UI ... unless you got another system running a few miles away, and you want to make sure that it's okay down there ???  :) ... sounds more to be like another way to collect data but okay  :-X anyone? I mean what's the plus for the user ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #483 on: February 29, 2012, 01:14:37 AM »
<snip quotes>
god i hope we can still disable auto sandbox in the future , if we cant, then i will use another free A.V , why are you taking  choices away and forcing settings on us, and oh please make sure we can opt out of installing google chrome, if i cant set things how i want, i will move else where .

Talk about overkill, if it can't be set to Ask, then just disable the autosandbox, retaining the other avast protection.

However, that suggestion was slated for the next avast update and I don't believe that they are talking minor program update. Any final decision taken on the removal of Ask as an option even if being considered would totally depend on the accuracy of the autosandbox.

So this I believe is some way off, so this is a bridge to cross if and when it happens, then just disable it if you don't want it enabled and set on auto.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

akogwapo14

« Reply #484 on: February 29, 2012, 08:31:29 AM »
Nice. Thanks.

colinlw

« Reply #485 on: February 29, 2012, 12:05:17 PM »
Avast 7 final keeps deleting my newsleecher.exe file (v5 beta 12) saying it's infected when it's not.

I have had to add it to the exclusions list.

Avast 6 final never did this at all ?

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #486 on: February 29, 2012, 12:12:57 PM »

I'm wondering too to be honest  ;D can't see what it adds to the already available info in the UI ... unless you got another system running a few miles away, and you want to make sure that it's okay down there ???  :) ... sounds more to be like another way to collect data but okay  :-X anyone? I mean what's the plus for the user ???

Seems like you answered your own question logos  ;)
My avast! 'account' allows me to keep an eye on any machine with avast! installed that I assign to it, less intrusively than remote control/login, more effectively than hearing nothing from the user until it's too late.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:19:10 PM by Vladimyr »
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #487 on: February 29, 2012, 12:33:59 PM »
The "Ask" mode in AutoSandbox will actually be completely removed in the next update, as it lacks sense in the new v7 logic.
That is, in v7, the AutoSandbox is primarily an analysis tool.
We actually plan to even further watermark/transparentize all the UI elements of autosandboxed apps, to make it apparent that the app is being analyzed and it's not meant for "normal" use.

Vlk

Can I get some clarification on this point? Does this mean just the "Ask" option in AutoSandbox is going away, or also the ability to disable AutoSandbox?

AutoSandbox played absolute hell with a number of programs on my system. I don't really need it anyway--all I want is an unobtrusive real-time and on demand scanner, which Avast has done well to provide. I refuse to use Avast with Sandbox enabled, so if the ability to disable it is going away, that's bad news indeed.

When you say "played absolute hell', do you mean that selecting "Run normally" or excluding them from autosandbox didn't work? AFAIK no-one's talking about removing these options.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

iroc9555

« Reply #488 on: February 29, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »
Avast 7 final keeps deleting my newsleecher.exe file (v5 beta 12) saying it's infected when it's not.

Even if this is not the place to report this kind of behavior, I also have a member in the Spanish section with the same problem. Supposedly he already reported this thru Avast! contact.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94592.msg753845#msg753845

@ Colin.

You can report it in Viruses and worms forum or here:

http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:32:50 PM by iroc9555 »

colinlw

« Reply #489 on: February 29, 2012, 01:43:57 PM »
Ok thanks, just done that.

Cheers.

Even if this is not the place to report this kind of behavior, I also have a member in the Spanish section with the same problem. Supposedly he already reported this thru Avast! contact.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94592.msg753845#msg753845

@ Colin.

You can report it in Viruses and worms forum or here:

http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles

TheFireflame11

« Reply #490 on: February 29, 2012, 09:11:34 PM »
Download The FixUpdate from avast!. avast! 6x or 7x installer was corrupted.

Hermite15

« Reply #491 on: February 29, 2012, 09:16:13 PM »
Download The FixUpdate from avast!. avast! 6x or 7x installer was corrupted.

that's completely irrelevant here, please stop posting this ;)

TheFireflame11

« Reply #492 on: February 29, 2012, 09:25:33 PM »
im tryin to help, fyi

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #493 on: February 29, 2012, 09:43:02 PM »
im tryin to help, fyi
It's not helping when the fix you mentioned has no relevence to the problem.

Dch48

« Reply #494 on: February 29, 2012, 09:49:10 PM »
Actually this thread references a number of problems, not just any specific one, so I don't think his post is completely irrelevant.