Author Topic: Auto Sandboxing issue with Media Player Classic  (Read 7574 times)

Offline DraKuL

Re: Auto Sandboxing issue with Media Player Classic
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »
Ok so since it didnt let me repair or uninstall I had to use the avast uninstaller to remove it and now I just reinstalled and restarted the pc, mailshield has been turned off and I cant turn it on.. "fix now" and "turn mail sheild on" both wont respond  :-\

looks like everyone was right about  Avast 7 being buggy  :-\
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »
also thanks for the link! :)
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 03:31:24 PM »
Ok. Maybe or maybe not a solution or workaround for this.
Uninstall avast at control panel.
Restart into safe mode and run http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Then read this.
Web and mail shield not scanning in avast 7
Base-Filter-Engine service is started (on your keyboard windows+ r then type services.msc)
also be sure aswRdr2.sys under C:/windows/system32/drivers was deleted before you reinstall.

Hopefully, this will repair it.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 03:37:26 PM »
thanks for taking your time to help me out.. really appreciate it. however I'm highly disappointed with Avast, its extremely frustrating when these sort of things happen.. I reinstalled it twice and still the mail shield is not on. now I'm having trouble uninstalling it again

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 03:40:39 PM »
I understand how you feel. I have had some of the same problems.

Did you make certain that aswRdr2.sys was not present in the driver folder before re-installing?

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 03:55:56 PM »
I reinstalled yet again, forgot to check if that file was there but now its there - anyway mailshield still wont turn on! I'm highly frustrated and the manual update isnt working also it doesnt seem to be getting connected to Avast cloud either..

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »
That file should not be there before re-installing. It is a remnant that the uninstall utility is not removing. It seems to be the cause of the problem. I will see if I can find the post that this was in. Also, for me, the uninstall utility does not seem to do a complete job. I had some things that I couldn't delete. I had to manually go in and change permissions to be able to remove these items.

BTW, I keep hearing of a program update. Hopefully it will be here soon.

This may explain the update problem.
I believe there is an update server (hundreds of them) repopulating for the avast program going on. This may also effect Virus Definitions as update would probably be suspended whilst this is carried out.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:12:57 PM by Charyb »

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 04:16:30 PM »
this time I made sure that it was deleted, I didnt have to manually remove it, it was removed by the windows uninstaller or  avast uninstaller.. anyway installed AIS 6 and now trying to update manually.. hope it works. and yeah really hope that they will fix all these issues and release a bug free retail version soon or they will lose a lot of customers  :-\

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 04:21:34 PM »
Thing is, and I'm not siding with avast or a fanboy in any way, this is not happening to everyone. I poked around a bit and started reading reviews at cnet. There were very few having problems. There were more 4 and 5 star reviews than 1 and 2 star reviews. So, at cnet, there seems to be more positive than negative. By looking at the forum it would seem different. But, people only come to a support forum when they have problems and not to come here to say, "Nice job!"
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:23:23 PM by Charyb »

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 04:26:36 PM »
True, I agree with you.. Even I didnt have any sort of problem with Avast until now.. But this is highly frustrating.. the fact that it didnt enable all the shields when it was installed freshly (yes I know that this only happened to me..) anyway now that I installed AIS 6, the manual updater doesnt seem to work :( hope these issues will be sorted out soon.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 04:30:35 PM »
Is your mail shield back on now?

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »
for AIS 6 - yes

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »
looks like dagrev is having the same problem!

EDIT: did another fresh install of AIS 7 and all the shields seem to be working fine.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:59:10 PM by DraKuL »